Pirate Weather Retrofit?

Posted on
Thu May 13, 2021 5:27 am
bjones offline

Pirate Weather Retrofit?

Hey Dave,

Wanted to raise this to your attention, as it’d be great to retrofit your effort to date with something like this:
https://pirateweather.net/

Do you see a possibility to define the API call URL in the plugin UI? Pirate weather is built using the same “style” of API, but Im not sure if it would truly retrofit.

Thanks!
Brandon

Posted on
Thu May 13, 2021 7:50 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Pirate Weather Retrofit?

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like it's a student project that they want to turn into a going concern. I like the idea of them trying to follow the Dark Sky API but it looks like they have a ways to go on some elements.

As you may have already heard, I've decided to stop development on the Fantastic Weather plugin (or the WUnderground "suite" of plugins) and am suggesting that folks use the GhostXML plugin--which also works with JSON. I'll continue to support the Fantastic Weather plugin until Apple pulls the plug on the API (they've already stopped issuing new API keys). If this API uses a similar mechanism, it should work with the GhostXML plugin straight out of the gate. If that's something that you want to try, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1