Basic Problem Unable to reach Dark Sky

Posted on
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:06 am
captcurrent offline

Basic Problem Unable to reach Dark Sky

I installed the pluginsgotmy API and created a weather forecast device. I get this error which probably means I screwed top again..
Any Thoughts?

ar 23, 2020, 10:26:14 AM
Error process (pid 7582) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
Stopped plugin "Fantastic Weather 0.3.01"
Starting plugin "Fantastic Weather 0.3.01" (pid 7602)
Fantastic Weather
Fantastic Weather =================================================== Initializing New Plugin Session ===================================================
Fantastic Weather Plugin name: Fantastic Weather
Fantastic Weather Plugin version: 0.3.01
Fantastic Weather Plugin ID: com.fogbert.indigoplugin.fantasticwWeather
Fantastic Weather Indigo version: 7.3.1
Fantastic Weather Python version: 2.7.10 (default, Feb 7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
Fantastic Weather Mac OS Version: 10.12.6
Fantastic Weather Process ID: 7602
Fantastic Weather =======================================================================================================================================
Fantastic Weather **********************************************************************************************************************************
Fantastic Weather ******************** Powered by Dark Sky. This plugin and its author are in no way affiliated with Dark Sky. *********************
Fantastic Weather **********************************************************************************************************************************
Started plugin "Fantastic Weather 0.3.01"
Fantastic Weather Error Unable to reach Dark Sky. Retrying in 10 seconds.
Fantastic Weather Error Unable to reach Dark Sky. Retrying in 20 seconds.

Mar 23, 2020, 10:26:52 AM
Fantastic Weather Error Unable to reach Dark Sky. Retrying in 30 seconds.

Posted on
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:37 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Basic Problem Unable to reach Dark Sky

My access appears to be working just fine, so I don't think it's a problem on their end.

Unfortunately, what you've provided is not enough to go on. Could you please turn on debugging, reload the plugin and post any additional messages you see? Also, please check the plugin's private log at:
Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Logs/com.fogbert.indigoplugin.fantasticwWeather/plugin.log

Lastly, what operating system version are you using on your server machine? The plugin requires at least High Sierra.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:49 am
captcurrent offline

You nailed it. U am running Sierra. because of conflicts between Indigo and High Sierra

Oh well. Thanks for the quick response

Posted on
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:25 pm
FlyingDiver offline

captcurrent wrote:
You nailed it. U am running Sierra. because of conflicts between Indigo and High Sierra

What conflicts? I ran High Sierra for years, then mostly skipped Mojave and went to Catalina (which is not for everyone).

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:32 pm
captcurrent offline

FTDI-Driver Bugs. The work around never worked for me

My Min Mac can't run Catalina. I can't afford to keep up with all the "hardware " improvements

Posted on
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:08 pm
DaveL17 offline

Yeah, this is likely an issue with outdated security in Sierra. I've heard that it's possible to upgrade the security libraries to support the latest protocols, but I have zero experience in doing that and can't provide any help or support. Sorry!

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

captcurrent wrote:
FTDI-Driver Bugs. The work around never worked for me

My Min Mac can't run Catalina. I can't afford to keep up with all the "hardware " improvements

Which mini do you have? I have 2012 (running basically everything it'll run, currently on High Sierra), 2014 (Mojave) and 2018 (Mojave & Catalina) minis all running Indigo and PowerLincs with no driver issues. I did start with completely clean installs on each of them.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:46 pm
captcurrent offline

mid 2010 mini

Posted on
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Wow, that's old... ;)

No idea if doing a clean OS install (of High Sierra) will work or not then.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:03 am
captcurrent offline

like I am made of money

oh well

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:26 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We have a lot of users with older Macs, and we're not making any judgements. Not many using Macs as old as yours, which was my point. Unfortunately, time and technology march on, and fundamental things like low-level security protocols like TLS get updated to address hacked security protocols. In this case, it has required API and web data providers to upgrade to a newer security protocol version. Older operating systems will often get left behind, and unfortunately we all know that Apple is not that interested in updating older versions.

If you haven't already tried, I would definitely recommend doing a clean High Sierra install on your mini (and only manually move the Indigo installation folder over) to see if that makes any difference. Also make sure that your PowerLinc is plugged directly into a USB port on the mini itself and not through a hub.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:37 am
captcurrent offline

Matt, I have around $15 K in Mac hardware In general I am moving to convertthese systems to FreeBSD. That and open source software serves most of my need although not as early as with GUI. Yeah apple wants to sell hardware. I am retired and a lot older then my machines

I will try Hiigh Sierra One more time on this maschine. My US maschine is at the level and sort of runs

Thanks for the additional info

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:24 pm
captcurrent offline

ok i upgraded to 10.13. and right on schedule, have the bug. No more insteon. I have zwave and x-10 back and since all my
insteon devices here are dead. i think i am sort of back in business. Dark Sky now works. REAL cool

thanks for the assist. This old man and his old Macs will fade off into the sunsets

Posted on
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:33 am
c64 offline

I'm in the same boat - old minimac currently on Sierra. I have been trying to find a "safe" looking download link for High Sierra, as it is not appearing in the App Store for some reason. Does anyone have any tips on where I can download it? Thank you.

Posted on
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:38 am
Umtauscher offline

Just google it.
Apple's providing a download page for it.
https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT208202
Cheers
Wilhelm