Daily Usage Limit Excceded

Posted on
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:18 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Daily Usage Limit Excceded

I've been getting the following in my logs and when I go to the URL I get "Daily Usage Limit Exceeded". I have removed my long/lat for privacy.

Code: Select all
Fantastic Weather Error         Problem parsing Weather data. Dev: Fantastic Weather (Line: 1785 Error: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://api.darksky.net/forecast/1fb31da618cf248ca872665ee72ebf02/[LAT],[LONG]?exclude=%22minutely%22&extend=%22%22&units=auto&lang=en)
Fantastic Weather Error         Problem parsing Weather data. Dev: Fantastic Weather Daily Forecast (Line: 1785 Error: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://api.darksky.net/forecast/1fb31da618cf248ca872665ee72ebf02/[LAT],[LONG]?exclude=%22minutely%22&extend=%22%22&units=auto&lang=en)

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:54 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Daily Usage Limit Excceded

Well, that stinks. Sorry to hear it.

A couple questions: Firstly, what do you have as the limit set in the plugin configuration dialog? If you have that value set to something less than your API limit, the plugin should stop calling the API before the actual limit is reached. I recommend something a fair distance from the actual limit (say 900 instead of 1,000)--I have mine set to 400. Second, if you have multiple devices created, the lat/long values for the same location must be EXACTLY the same. If they are even slightly different, the plugin will consider that a new location and make another API call.

As far as I know, you're the only one that's reported this (I've checked my logs and haven't seen anything.) Hopefully, we'll be able to get you back on track quickly.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thanks Dave, I reduced the number of API calls and will see what happens. It was working fine this morning so obviously the API limit reset but I'll keep an eye on things.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:00 pm
DaveL17 offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Thanks Dave, I reduced the number of API calls and will see what happens. It was working fine this morning so obviously the API limit reset but I'll keep an eye on things.

Glad you're back in business. Thanks for letting me know.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1