Error because of conversion from WU?

Posted on
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:50 pm
Different Computers offline

Error because of conversion from WU?

I have a FW device called Current Conditions, which used to be of type Weather Underground. When I got rid of WU for FW, I edited the Current Conditions device to change its type from Weather Underground to Fantastic Weather.

Now I see this error in the Event Log:
Code: Select all
  Error                           device "Current Conditions" state key currentWeather not defined

Of course there's nothing in settings that would let me remove any state key.

Do I have to delete and add back the device, making it new and fresh as a FW device, to get rid of this error? I'm loathe to do that because there are something like 30 control pages that use the Current Conditions device.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:11 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Error because of conversion from WU?

Yes, FW weather devices don't have a state name 'currentWeather'. In FW, it's called 'summary'. You shouldn't have to delete and recreate the device, but unfortunately you'll have to find the control pages that reference the 'currentWeather' state and change them to 'summary'.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:31 am
Different Computers offline

Thanks! That’s easier than what I was planning.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:35 am
DaveL17 offline

It's still a pain, I know.

In the transition, I took the liberty of correcting a few legacy nits and also tried to align the states with the FW API without being overly dramatic.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1