No data and no errors

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:46 pm
pnm offline

No data and no errors

I need to replace weather underground, which I use to get the forecast temperature for the day so I know if the heating needs to come on. I've installed Fantastic Weather and created a new weather device but doesn't seem to be calling the API as my call count remains the same and there is no data in the device.

If I set the message level to debug I still only get the "Weather Cycle Complete" message in the logs and if I write out the a file I just get a two line header.

What have I missed?

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:58 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: No data and no errors

Sorry that you're having trouble with the plugin. I just checked, and the service appears to be up and running normally. When you say you get no data, be sure to check all the device's custom states as the first grouping for severe weather alerts will be blank if there's no severe weather in the area being tracked.

What do you see in the Indigo UI under the State column?

What do you see for a value under the 'currentObservation' custom state for your device?

Please make sure that there are no hidden characters in the API key field within the plugin configuration dialog.

Please also check the plugin log (located at
Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Logs/com.fogbert.indigoplugin.fantasticwWeather/plugin.log

to see if there's any useful information there.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:24 pm
pnm offline

Thanks. The device was disabled and I couldn't find a way to enable it. I recreated it and it's now getting data.

Posted on
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:45 pm
DaveL17 offline

pnm wrote:
Thanks. The device was disabled and I couldn't find a way to enable it. I recreated it and it's now getting data.

Glad that you were able to get going. Thanks for letting me know.

Is it possible that you somehow exited the initial device configuration before completing the plugin configuration (or something similar?) The plugin should be able to handle that scenario gracefully, but that doesn't mean that it always does.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1