Device State options bug?

Posted on
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:54 pm
jstewart30 offline

Device State options bug?

Having a weird behavior with the device states in a Trigger only showing 5 options (displayState, distanceFromHomeM/Km and distancefromWorkM/Km). It's intermittent, though...when I initially set up the trigger, I selected "Device State Changed", chose my Tesla device, and then it listed all the various States. I could choose battery_level or charge_port_door_open or whatever....dozens of various States. Now when I go back in to edit the trigger, there's only 5 states to choose from in that popup menu (displayState and the distances ones). However the Trigger still seems to be set to what I chose originally (and if I look at the Trigger in the main Triggers list screen, at the bottom where it shows the Trigger, Condition, Actions summary, it still says Trigger: "Tesla" battery_level becomes less than 70", but if I go in to edit it, it says "Tesla" "displayState" becomes less than 70" and I can't even choose battery_level from the popup menu)

It seems to get fixed if I make a new Tesla device (which I can then delete)...after that if I go back in, it now shows all the States in the popup list. Seems like a bug of some sort.

Posted on
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:08 am
howartp offline

Re: Device State options bug?

Morning

There is a bug in that area due to how Indigo populates that UI which Matt is aware of.

Having said that, can you make sure you have created and run one of the Tesla actions to get data from the car; the states are all created and populated dynamically from Tesla so the only ones you'll see to start with is the five you mentioned.

Peter

Posted on
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:37 pm
jstewart30 offline

Glad to know we're aware of the bug, although if it's on the Indigo side then that's not going to help me because my subscription has lapsed (I'm still on 7.1). Odd that this is the only plug-in that I seem to be experiencing the bug with.

Yes, I have a schedule to Refresh all car data twice a day. The issue still occurs.

Fairly easy to work around by just creating a new Device to property re-populate the pop-up menu when needed, but obviously it's a minor inconvenience.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:04 pm
howartp offline

There's not many plugins that dynamically manage the state list from scratch.

GhostXML and Tesla are the only two I know of off the top of my head, but others may also exist.

Most will predefine the states they're using in the plugin files, then update their values in code - not create and maintain them in code.

Peter

Page 1 of 1