Front/Rear Trunk Open Command safeguards

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2020 10:42 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Front/Rear Trunk Open Command safeguards

Anyone know if the API commands for remotely opening the front/rear trunks have safeguards for the following:
1) ensure the car isn't moving
2) ensure a key is within bluetooth range

I was considering exposing open/close trunk commands via Siri (and Homekit plugin), but wanted to check on these safeguards

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2020 1:10 am
howartp offline

Re: Front/Rear Trunk Open Command safeguards

Hi

I would be amazed if Elon allows any of the remote commands to operate whilst the vehicle is moving.

On the other hand, no you don’t need the key in Bluetooth range to operate them.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2020 12:32 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Yeah that is what I thought too - hoping someone would know definitively. I guess I'll try it out live on my street while driving to see if I can open the Rear Trunk (front may be ill-advised). Hopefully it doesn't run amuck and I end up on some type of viral video site.

In terms of safeguards - anyone know if any of the supported data fields indicate whether or not you are moving or if the car is in Drive or Reverse? Trying to come-up with some extra safe-guarding . I see a bunch of fields like df, dr, ft, pf, pr, and rt - not sure if these are of value

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2020 12:52 pm
howartp offline

Speed, is_user_present and locked might help.

I believe df, dr, pf, pr are the doors (driver front etc) and ft, rt are the Frunk/Trunk.

I don't know what the values of centre_display_state are but that might also help?

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2020 1:34 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Thanks howartp - btw - how do I get that 'speed' value? I can see the is_user_present and locked attributes, but I don't see the speed in set of data attributes

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 pm
howartp offline

Speed is there on mine (which is actually another forum users' car, not mine - I dont' have Tesla!).

Have you run a full data refresh as the plugin automatically adds all new data fields that Tesla publish, automatically.

Peter

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2020 2:47 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Thanks howartp - that did the trick.. I had been doing some of the individual refresh states for Vehicle - but not the Drive State.. I switched my scheduled job to perform a 'Refresh all vehicle states' and now have speed in my list of attributes.

BTW - ran some live testing and didn't end up on a viral video.. Turns out Tesla Inc. has the safeguards in there already - I tested driving down my street using the Tesla provided mobile app. It basically would ignore the commands while I was driving.. Ran the same test with my own Siri enabled functionality and it behaved the similarly - won't work while driving.

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:58 pm
DrLove offline

Can't find the action for open frunk, only unlock trunk. Is there one?
Tesla Model 3.

[EDIT] My bad, found it under unlock trunk then I can select "which trunk".

//L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Page 1 of 1