topic adjacent: taycan control?

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:29 am
dtich offline

topic adjacent: taycan control?

out of curiosity, has anyone looked into doing for a porsche connected car what this plugin does for a tesla? i'm pretty sure porsche hasn't made its api as accessible or powerful as teslas, but perhaps there's some capability possible? aspirational wonderings.....

thx!

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:02 pm
howartp offline

Re: topic adjacent: taycan control?

The Tesla plugin is quite modular and I’ve partially adapted it for Nissan Leaf already (until they changed API and I’ve not got back to it) - but my plan when I get time is to make EV plugins for each manufacturer that a) has an api, and b) nobody else has beaten me to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:52 pm
dtich offline

this... is fabulous news. thanks much. i'd be happy to support such an effort!

i will keep checking this space.

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:00 pm
neilk offline

So my Taycan arrives at the end of Feb, I have just upgraded the I Pace plugin for Python 3 before I sell it. I will be digging into this but understand the Porsche API is a bit limited. Happy to sync with the Tesla effort and also looking at using Tronity as an intermediate API that may also be a way of doing generic EV integration.

Neil

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:30 am
dtich offline

thought I'd post a link here to a taycan specific board where they've started to expose the api to use with HomeKit. assume the link to the api is on the GitHub or discord pages, and hopefully some useful info!

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threa ... ost-228479

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:03 pm
neilk offline

Still not got the car, and hearing rumours it may be delayed for some months, in which case I am afraid I won't be able to wait,

Posted on
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:32 am
dtich offline

Posted on
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:35 am
dtich offline

@howartp, hoping you have time to look into porting your work to the porsche/taycan api. i've posted the latest from the other forum, HomeKit interface starting in rudimentary form, for ref if useful.

thanks! and again, happy to support this effort with more than these annoying posts :D thanks!!

Posted on
Wed May 03, 2023 8:33 am
dtich offline

checking in.

Posted on
Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:30 am
dtich offline

@neilk, any luck getting your car? hope so! mine finally made it. long wait, worth it. will you post if you have any progress with opening the porsche api up for indigo? thanks!

Posted on
Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:27 am
neilk offline

Unfortunately I ended up having to cancel for a variety of reasons including the rework that mine was going to require and a change of role for me so unfortunately I won’t get to this (at least for a while).
Neil

Posted on
Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:48 pm
dtich offline

copy that. sorry to hear but hope all works out for the best. thanks for replying!

dt

Page 1 of 1