WeatherSnoop Plugin is now owned by the WeatherSnoop team

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

WeatherSnoop Plugin is now owned by the WeatherSnoop team

After discussing the plugin with the WeatherSnoop team, we've mutually decided to hand the plugin over to them for future development and support. The plugin will soon be available in the Plugin Store, and the Indigo v7.1.2 update will modify your Indigo Database to reflect the new plugin ID so you won't need to redefine your devices and anything that relies on them. Indigo v7.1.2 will also install the latest version, v3.0.0 (with WeatherSnoop 4 support) and will remove the previous version. That will be the last time that the Indigo installer will touch the plugin - all future updates will be available through the Plugin Store.

This is a great thing for the future of the WeatherSnoop plugin as it should allow quicker updates to handle new WeatherSnoop versions, feature requests, and bug fixes.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:08 pm
GRWilde offline

Re: WeatherSnoop Plugin is now owned by the WeatherSnoop tea

When is the Indigo 7.1.2 update being released? I just purchased WeatherSnoop 4 and would like to update from WeatherSnoop 3 which I am currently using.

George Wilde

Posted on
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We're having some unexpected issues with 7.1.2 so it's going to be later than we'd like. I'll figure out how to handle this and post back tomorrow.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Boisy has the 3.0.0 version of the plugin up on GitHub, which was part of our migration strategy. The rest of the process is going to be handled by the next Indigo installer (either 7.1.2 or 7.2 depending on a few mitigating circumstances). However, if you want to migrate manually, here are the steps:

1. Shut down the Indigo Server
  2. Download the new 3.0.0 version from GitHub by going to the repo and clicking on the Clone or Download button and clicking on the Download Zip button. That's going to download and unzip a folder in your Downloads directory named weathersnoop-indigoplugin-master.
  3. Inside that folder you'll see the WeatherSnoop.indigoPlugin plugin file. Open a new Finder window and go to either

Code: Select all
    /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/

or:

Code: Select all
    /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins (Disabled)/

depending on whether you have the current WeatherSnoop plugin enabled or disabled. Whichever one has a WeatherSnoop.indigoPlugin is what you're looking for.
  4. Replace the old plugin with the one you downloaded from GitHub (you might want to move the old plugin to the desktop or something just in case you want to revert back to it).
  5. Start the Indigo Server.
  6. Edit your current WeatherSnoop devices, select WeatherSnoop in the Type popup and select the correct thing from the Model popup. Complete any further config and you should be good to go.

Note: I haven't personally tried that (and unfortunately I can't) but I'm pretty sure it will work. Worse comes to worse, you may have to create a new WeatherSnoop device then go edit everything that uses the old instance (triggers, schedules, actions, control pages, scripts, etc) to point to the new instance.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:46 pm
GRWilde offline

Thanks,

Works fine.

George Wilde

Posted on
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:21 pm
GRWilde offline

The only problem I am having with the plugin is that the Indigo logging in the event log cannot be turned off regardless of the setting of "Enable debugging". This causes an excessive number of entries in the Indigo Event Log.

George Wilde

Posted on
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:41 pm
GRWilde offline

It looks like the excessive logging was due to the fact that I was trying to access a WeatherSnoop value whose name had changed from WeatherSnoop 3 to WeatherSnoop 4. When I corrected the name of the item the logging disappeared.

George Wilde

Page 1 of 1