runConcurrent thread error

Posted on
Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:40 pm
auto_man offline

runConcurrent thread error

I've recently been seeing the error shown below in the Event Log. I've tried reloading the Weather Snoop plugin, but it doesn't seem to help. Weather Snoop is running on an iMac and Indigo is running on a Mac Mini. The error may happen multiple times per day, and some days not at all. Anyone have any ideas about what's causing this and any solutions?

Mar 13, 2016, 9:08:14 PM
WeatherSnoop Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 454, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.StandardError'>: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for response

WeatherSnoop Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:45 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: runConcurrent thread error

It's likely because there is another misbehaving plugin that's causing communication between all plugins and the server to slow down significantly. We're very confident that our plugins won't do this, so I'd suggest disabling other 3rd party plugins until you find the one that seems to be causing the issue.

It could also be that your Mac is process/memory bound and thus inter process communications are sometimes slow enough for these timeouts - though if that were the case I'd expect you to be seeing other systemic Mac issues (outside of Indigo).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1