LightwaveRF mood switches

Posted on
Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:45 pm
Londonmark offline

LightwaveRF mood switches

Hi,

Unless I'm misunderstanding things, one slight quirk of the plugin as it works with LightwaveRF mood switches, is that because you can only trigger when the device state changes, if you press a button a second time, nothing happens. For example, if I press the all off button, that shows up as "Group off". If I then press it again, because the device state was previously Group off, nothing happens. This is a problem if I have used a dimmer switch or Indigo to switch a light on at some stage after I last pressed Group off and before I have pressed any other buttons on the mood switch. If I now press Group off, nothing happens.

Hope this makes sense. What would be ideal is a trigger that let me simply respond to any press of a mood switch button.

LM

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:17 am
durosity offline

Re: LightwaveRF mood switches

I get around this by setting up a trigger that looks at the “Last Updated” field, then in the actions i just have a small python script like so:

Code: Select all
dev = indigo.devices["Lounge Master Switch"]
if dev.states["command"] == "Group off":
   indigo.actionGroup.execute(939818415) #All off including tv
elif dev.states["command"] == "Mood 1":
   indigo.actionGroup.execute(707643769) #Movies Dim Lights (doesn't affect TV)
elif dev.states["command"] == "Mood 2":
   indigo.actionGroup.execute(1011653411) #All Lights Full (doesn't affect TV)
elif dev.states["command"] == "Mood 3":
   indigo.actionGroup.execute(141875067) #Just lavalamp (doesn't affect TV)
elif dev.states["command"] == "Mood 4":
   indigo.actionGroup.execute(1970125452) #All Off (doesn't affect TV)
elif dev.states["command"] == "Mood 5":
   indigo.actionGroup.execute(114513799) #General Mood (doesn't affect TV)

That said it’d be nice if there was something that would clear the last state after say 3 seconds.. so if you pressed it again after that it’d just invoke the action.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:38 am
Londonmark offline

Very neat. I'll give that a go.

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 am
durosity offline

Just FYI i found it best to also unpair your remotes from the devices they control.. although it means there's a slightly longer delay in device turning on/off it means that Indigo will have a much better track of what devices are on/off, and also particularly with mood switches i found strange behaviour if the device got two of the same command in a short period of time.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:54 am
Londonmark offline

Yes - I've been playing with paired an unpaired. I figured possibly the best answer was paired coupled with an action group kicking off after a delay of a couple of seconds. Still working on it though.

(And also still working on trying to run RFXflash.exe on a mac without Parallels - not easy.)

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:13 am
durosity offline

Paired with devices works fine for On/off remotes.. to be fair it's more the mood remotes and master switches that i found caused issues (EG i had a master switch where when switching on dimmable lights to mood 5, Indigo would also instruct it to do the same thing.. but for some reason the lights would dim to 0 then brighen back to 80%)

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1