Error on control page

Posted on
Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:05 pm
DomoPat offline

Error on control page

I have a control page containing different devices and variables, with 6 of these devices using the RFX plugin, and each time I open that page in a browser or on an iPhone/iPad I get 6 errors in the log: "device state key onOffState not defined". If I delete one display device I still have 6 errors, probably because I have 6 security devices in my database. I cannot find how to resolve these errors, any idea ?

Thanks,

Patrick

Posted on
Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:21 pm
RJdeKok offline

Re: Error on control page

Hi,

Can I get a copy of your database?

Posted on
Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Often we see these errors when someone sets up a Control Page with controls that inspect a particular device state (the on/off state in this case), but then the device is later changed to not include that device state. In that case the Control Page is still trying to inspect/show the value of the previously selected state (as either text or an image) but the state isn't part of the device anymore.

The solution, if this is the case, is to select those controls individually on the Control Page and make sure the popup control is selected on a valid state that the device currently has.

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:36 pm
DomoPat offline

Thank you, the message disappeared after a bit of tinkering:
- I checked all the devices using the RFX on the page and all of them were configured properly, I even re-selected the state popup but the messages were still happening.
- to find out who was the culprit, I created another test control page and cut-copy the devices from the problematic control page to the test one. The error messages happened until I transferred the last two devices ! happily I check the test control page expecting to see the error messages, and they do not appear...
- I transfer back the two suspect devices to the original problematic control page, and everything works fine, no more error messages...
- so I transfer back all of the devices related to the RFX to the original problematic control page and no more error messages, the problematic control page is now a totally functional control page.
- I go get a beer and enjoy life ! :-)

Page 1 of 1