Unreliable temperature updates

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:13 am
wiery offline

Unreliable temperature updates

I have 3 RFX Sensors, 1 updates regularly, the other 2 very randomely and intermittently ( sometimes can be over 18 hours ) which i doubt is correct. Is there any settings on either the plugin or the sensor that should be set / not set. I'm using firmware version 49 and the latest plugin 1.2.4

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm
Korey offline

Re: Unreliable temperature updates

wiery wrote:
I have 3 RFX Sensors, 1 updates regularly, the other 2 very randomely and intermittently ( sometimes can be over 18 hours ) which i doubt is correct. Is there any settings on either the plugin or the sensor that should be set / not set. I'm using firmware version 49 and the latest plugin 1.2.4

Sounds like a signal strength issue.

I had the same problem and had to move the RFXtrx433 to a central location via 32' USB active extender. All 3 of my sensors work reliably now. :)

--
Korey

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Same here - though I moved the sensors a bit closer to the RFXtrx instead.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:42 pm
wiery offline

The funny thing is the one furthest away is the most reliable, the rfxtrx is in the attic and the bedroom sensor is about 12 feet away, the kitchen one is two floors down from rfxtrx and works no problem

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I think there are other factors though - not just distance but what's between the sensor and the receiver (walls, metal things, etc). I had one sensor that I actually moved a bit further away, but it's now line of site (through a window) with the receiver and it's significantly more reliable.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:27 am
wiery offline

Thanks guys, that seems to have done the trick. I used a 12M usb extender cable ( cheers for recommendation Korey ) to take the rfxtrx out of the attic and have it more central in the house.

Page 1 of 1