get RFXCOM values in Indigo variables

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:06 am
slackman1 offline

get RFXCOM values in Indigo variables

Hi,

Just bought a RFXcom usb transceiver and an Oregon PCR800. Devices work properly, not too difficult to configure. All values are also properly inserted in the Postgres tables the plugin creates.
One thing I'm wondering about, how can the values the plugin reports, be transferred to Indigo variables? Is this a feature of the plugin that is not yet implemented?
If I'm looking at the SmartPhoneRadar plugin, this one creates variables when starting for the first time. It would be convenient if the RFXCOM plugin would also do this, but maybe it's early day for these types of features?

I'v looked at the plugin source and do not see any reference to the API functions necessary to achieve this. Is this work in progress or would it be good to try and add this functionality myself?

Thanks for any feedback or pointers.

Gerrit Jan

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:56 am
slackman1 offline

Re: get RFXCOM values in Indigo variables

Okay,

Found it, use the Action Collection Plugin: 'Insert Device State into Variable'...

Gerrit Jan

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You can usually just use the device states directly rather than using variables with the values, but I don't know what your use case is.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:50 am
slackman1 offline

Hi Jay,

Thanks, just getting to know the RFX plugin. If I insert certain values in a variable, I can see them on my iPhone anywhere.
Also, when inserting for example the battery value in a variable, I can set a trigger on this value, to send me a reminder email. That kind of stuff. For this situation, it is indeed possible to act directly (in a trigger) at the device state change without an 'in-between' variable.
But for the first case, the RFXCOM plugin devices (at least the PCR800) are not shown in the remote ui for the iPhone. They can only be viewed in Indigo for Mac.

Did not yet play with a Control Page.

Thanks, Gerrit Jan

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Right - most users are just creating Control Pages to show plugin device states where necessary. It's really very simple... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1