LightwaveRF Wireless Switches - Learn using RFXtrx433

Posted on
Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:17 pm
manders offline

LightwaveRF Wireless Switches - Learn using RFXtrx433

Okay so I want to keep a consistent look around the house, using LightwaveRF switches and wireless switches.

I haven't purchased the RFXtrx433 yet, but been looking at Rollertroll blinds which use this for automation integration.

Can I 'listen' to a blank LightwaveRF switch and learn that signal to then trigger action in indigo?

Posted on
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:19 am
durosity offline

Re: LightwaveRF Wireless Switches - Learn using RFXtrx433

No, LWRF switches don't send any info (other than the wireless switches, but they cause other noise issues).. and also i believe if you use the rollertrol blinds you can't have any other protocols enabled on the rfxtrx433, so you might want to look at alternatives like the rfxtrx433E which can control somfy blinds

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:37 pm
b_weijenberg offline

Rollertrol receive is only used once to know the code transmitted by the Rollertrol remote. The same code can than be used to control the Rollertrol motor with the RFXtrx433 or RFXtrx433E.
For normal use you disable Rollertrol receive and enable the LWRF protocol in the RFXtrx to receive LWRF wireless wall switches and LWRF remotes.

Posted on
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:15 pm
durosity offline

Ah thanks for clearing that up about the rollertrol devices... But you still can't receive from the LWRF wired wall switches, just the wireless ones (on/off and master switch)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:37 pm
manders offline

I did mean using wireless LWRF not wired... but to come back to the other point made; if you use the RFXtrx433 for blinds you can't use it for other things?

Posted on
Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:48 pm
durosity offline

No, it can be used with others enabled.. i was incorrect about my original statement. As for the switch side of things, yeah if they’re wireless then if you set it up as a device in Indigo, then setup a trigger to do X when the button on the lwrf switch is pressed, you’ll be able to do exactly what you want to do. However remember that the LWRF wireless transmitters put out a burst of signals for about 5 seconds, so you’ll need to learn to use delays of 1-2 seconds otherwise quite often i’ve found the device the command is going to won’t do anything. And also one other thing is that you can’t press and hold down on these buttons (as at least in my own tests indigo doesn’t recognise this)

Hope this helps

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:11 am
b_weijenberg offline

Enabling protocols is only for receive active.
Transmit protocols are always enabled and independent of protocols enabled for receive.

So you can always control Rollertrol and LWRF and this does not require any protocol enabled.
For receive disable the BlindsT0 protocol and enable the LWRF protocol. You will now be able to receive wireless LWRF wall switches and LWRF remotes.
The Rollertrol remote cannot be received in this configuration.
See chapter 2.4 in the RFXtrx User Guide which protocols can be enabled at the same time.
http://www.rfxcom.com/Documents/RFXtrx% ... 0Guide.pdf

The LWFR door/window sensors transmit too much RF packets for about 3 to 5 seconds. It is therefore not advised to use this type of sensor. An alternative is the European X10 DS90 sensor. See also http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7337 for more information on this subject.
Last edited by b_weijenberg on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:46 am
manders offline

Thanks. That's a solid response. I've just been looking at this from the sides lines and I assumed it was a singing all dancing replacements for everything working at 433.

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:46 am
durosity offline

It may not be all singing and dancing.. but it is still an incredibly well designed bit of kit, and is extremely useful. Also B&Q are currently clearing out a lot of their old LWRF kit so you might be able to score a bargin on some master switches.. last i saw they were about £13 a piece.

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1