Pairing LightwaveRF Light Switch with Indigo (via RFXtrx)

Posted on
Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:08 pm
Vangelis offline

Pairing LightwaveRF Light Switch with Indigo (via RFXtrx)

Think I am missing something really simple here but have done a search and can't seem to find the instructions (apologies if they are out there)

Here goes...

I have installed Indigo on my Mac Mini (running Mavericks). Installed the COM driver for the RFXtrx USB controller (as per instructions on this forum), and installed the RFXtrx Plug-In.

Under Indigo I am looking to pair things up with a LightwaveRF lightswitch just to test things are working. I've set the com port up as the one for the RFXtrx dongle but cannot find the instructions of how to pair Indigo with the actual Lightswitch once you put it in 'pair mode'.

There doesn't seem to be a way I can test an 'on/off' command simply via Indigo unless I create a full Device/Action flow (I maybe missing something here also)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Vangelis

Posted on
Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:55 pm
colinpartridge offline

Re: Pairing LightwaveRF Light Switch with Indigo (via RFXtrx

Ensure that within the RFXcom plugin that you have the LightwaveRF protocol selected,
and if you don't use any other protocols deselect them. You will need to create a new device for your switch. I'm assuming that you you want to control a lightwaveRF dimmer or appliance in which case choose the appropriate device type. Choose a random unique housecode for your device. Once the LWRF device is in pair mode then all you do is press the "on" button for the indigo LWRF device and that should pair the device.
At least this is how I've paired indigo with similar 433MHz units.

Colin

Posted on
Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:58 pm
durosity offline

You need to create a LWRF device in indigo (dimmer or appliance) and give it a unique house code and unit code (e.g. AA12EE and 1) then save the device. Put the device into pairing mode and then press the on button in indigo to pair.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 am
Vangelis offline

Thanks Guys - Think I just couldn't see the 'on' button within Indigo to actually setup the pairing. Is this within the 'Device' pane or under the main Indigo panel?

Vangelis

Posted on
Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 am
colinpartridge offline

Hi Vangelis
The buttons should appear below the device window.. but only if the device is defined as a dimmer or appliance.
Colin

Posted on
Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:02 am
Vangelis offline

Superb! Thanks Colin :) Guess I was jumping the gun a little and had not configured the device to then be able to see the 'Test' facility.

Vangelis

Posted on
Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:10 am
colinpartridge offline

Vangelis wrote:
Superb! Thanks Colin :) Guess I was jumping the gun a little and had not configured the device to then be able to see the 'Test' facility.
Vangelis

Glad to have been able to help in a small way.
Colin

Posted on
Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:53 am
durosity offline

Just remember lwrf equipment is one way... So if you turn on a light at the switch indigo won't know about it!

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1