Connecting Home Easy Switches to Indigo

Posted on
Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:42 pm
chrisjackson184 offline

Connecting Home Easy Switches to Indigo

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'd like to use one of the standard HomeEasy remote controls to change a variable on Indigo. For example, if I press button 1 on the remote Indigo responds by changing a variable, button 2 changes a different variable etc. Is this possible?

The aim is to be able to have a setup such that each button could be used to change a variable in Indigo that the software could perform a variety of actions based on.

Thanks

Chris

Posted on
Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:17 pm
durosity offline

Re: Connecting Home Easy Switches to Indigo

You’ll need to setup a device for the remote (from memory i think HE ones need a device for each set of buttons.. i’ve asked for a way of grouping them under one like you can with LightwaveRF remotes on the RFXCOM plugin support site but there doesn’t seem to have been much in the way of updates for it the last few months), then setup a trigger to watch for changes on the device. I usually use the “Last Updated” > “Has any change” options on the triggers, then on the actions have a mini python script to do whatever action you want it to have.. but you could use some of the “Insert Variable” options that Indigo has built in.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:24 pm
chrisjackson184 offline

Thanks for your help, what I am struggling with is how to get the remote as a device?

I'm assuming I go to devices, new, Type: RFXCOM, then which one on the list would it be?

Thanks

Chris

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 pm
chrisjackson184 offline

I think I've got to the bottom of it, I needed to enable a couple of things in the settings for the plugin.

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:39 pm
durosity offline

Ah super! Just remember these HomeEasy devices create bursts of transmissions that last up to 5 seconds long on some devices.. during that time nothing else will work so best to use them sparingly.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:43 am
colinpartridge offline

chrisjackson184 wrote:
I think I've got to the bottom of it, I needed to enable a couple of things in the settings for the plugin.

Just curious, did you manage to get this to work and if so care to share the steps. if it does work it would be a cheaper than some of the other switch options.

cheers

Colin

Page 1 of 1