problem re-installing grafana plugin

Posted on
Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:58 pm
dduff617 offline

problem re-installing grafana plugin

ran into a problem i haven't encountered before.

my grafana config has been broken recently (grafana seemingly unable to connect to influx), and i decided it might be a good idea to attempt re-installing plugin.

downloaded the plugin from the plugin store and attempted to install. the indigo logs seemed to indicate that the install was successful, but there was a pop-up window saying
Code: Select all
“Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

any ideas or suggestions? might this be a symptom of an expired certificate or something?

Posted on
Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: problem re-installing grafana plugin

Try the following in Terminal to clear the quarantine flags on all your plugins:

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2022.2/Plugins

Posted on
Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:47 pm
dduff617 offline

thanks matt. i tried stopping and restarting the entire machine. successfully ran that 'xattr' command. then restarted indigo server.

upon trying to install the plugin, i saw a slightly different error:
Plugin install error
There is a problem with this plugin. If this error persists, contact the plugin developer.

i stopped indigo server. restarted indigo server. re-tried running the plugin installer.

this time the installation just produced the longer error message reported previously:
“Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

so in short, i can not seem to get a re-install of the plugin to work cleanly.

after a "failed" install (where i get the error dialog i mentioned), if i hit the cancel button on the dialog, then it seems like the plugin keeps working. with debugging turned on i can see messages that seem to indicate that influxdb is running, however when i try to view dashboards in grafana, they all appear broken with the same error, still with error: "Bad Request" message: "Authentication to data source failed".

Posted on
Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:36 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Every time you run the plugin installer, you need to run the xattr command Matt provided.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:39 am
dduff617 offline

thanks, matt and FlyingDiver. i have it working again now. i will say that it took multiple resets, restarts, re-installs that failed to work before i finally seemed to find success.

i think this was the final procedure that ultimately brought things back:

1. leave indigo server running (since indigo has to be running to install a plugin)
2. download a fresh copy of the plugin installer, double-click to install
3. click the "install and enable" button in the dialog that pops up in Indigo
4. then a few seconds later another dialog pops up with choices "move to trash" or "cancel"
5. ignore the error dialog (don't hit either button)
6. leave indigo running and execute 'sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2022.2/Plugins'
7. do a "reload" of the plugin from within Indigo, causing it to restart.
8. do Indigo>Plugins>Grafana Home Dashboard>Rebuild and Restart Grafana (will not delete data).

at this point, it appeared that grafana was again able to connect to influxdb.

thanks again for the support!

Page 1 of 1