influxdb stopped working for me

Posted on
Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:07 am
dduff617 offline

influxdb stopped working for me

have been using this plugin for quite a while and getting a lot of value out of it. i offer thanks to the authors for their efforts and the community who help provide support.

recently, i looked and found that none of my charts were working. the grafana dashboard pages are empty and anywhere there was perviously a graph is blank with a red triangle at the top. if i click the triangle, it exposes some information about the error. it seems i'm getting a message of "InfluxDB Error: Bad Request". It also says "Authentication to data source failed". same errors and messages appear for all the graphs in all of my dashboards.

any ideas how i might go about correcting this problem?

Posted on
Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:39 pm
siclark offline

Re: influxdb stopped working for me

Have you restarted everything?

After that check that the grafana setup is still set to save the states you expect. Mine got reset to none a while ago.

Posted on
Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:58 pm
dduff617 offline

Re: influxdb stopped working for me

yes, i have tried a few restarts of the plugin. the logs seem to indicate that grafana and influxDB are starting normally.

looked at Indigo>Plugins>Grafana Home Dashboard>Configure...>Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria and it looks like things are still set there - basically looks like it matches what I set long ago.

i also tried Plugins>Grafana Home Dashboard>Explore Device for a few devices and examined the logs and it appears that the set of properties whose changes are getting included look normal/reasonable.

prior to this breakage a few weeks ago, everything has been working great (for a long time). not sure what i did that broke it. possibly an OS upgrade. possibly nothing. but possibly i poked at a setting a while back and broke something and just forgot that i had done it.

Page 1 of 1