Any chance of changing the grafana.ini? (Dashboard Refresh)

Posted on
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:40 pm
sumocomputers offline

Any chance of changing the grafana.ini? (Dashboard Refresh)

I am trying to decrease the refresh time on dashboards from 5s to 1s for example.

Grafana changed it awhile back so the minimum is 5s, and no way to change it in the UI :x

According to this thread, it can be changed through the grafana.ini, but looking at the package contents of the plugin, I am not seeing any way to change this:

https://community.grafana.com/t/auto-re ... 5s/32384/5

Might there be a way to do this with the Indigo plugin?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:33 am
neilk offline

Re: Any chance of changing the grafana.ini? (Dashboard Refre

Chris,
I tinkered with this myself this week to allow anonymous access to render panels to use on control pages. It is indigo.ini and it is in the plugin folder (using show package contents when browsing with the finder) Server Plugin - servers - grafana - conf with a defaults.ini in the same folder.

Edit (in my case) indigo.ini and restart the plugin. Not sure if the name is hard coded or if it is generated from when I named the instance but I think the plugin calls in a specific named config file.

Edit: I checked the plugin code and it is indeed indigo.ini in that location.

By the way if you do change it remember to take a copy before you upgrade the plugin. Some idiot I know forgot to do that and needed to figure out again how to configure anonymous access after he applied the most recent plugin update, and then realised it was an option in the plugin config now. :-)

Neil

Posted on
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:10 am
sumocomputers offline

Neil,

I am usually the "idiot", so glad to hear someone else is taking a turn :D

I added the new line there and restarted the plugin, and it worked awesome. Thank You for the direction.

Side Question: on the anonymous access option, I have that checked as well, and also within the Grafana UI I have the Permission settings at defaults for the Dashboard in question (see screenshot).

Yet, whenever the dashboard is first accessed, like from a new browser on the local network, it always prompts for login.

Was that the issue you were running into? Is there something special I need to do?

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 7.47.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 7.47.11 AM.png (98.17 KiB) Viewed 1575 times

Posted on
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:22 am
neilk offline

Happy to be able to help :D

Just to add to my idiocy I hadn't spotted the "anonymous" access option and so edited the ini myself to enable it rather than using the option :roll: so maybe not the role model you need.

Having said that the method I use is https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=279&t=20920&p=162643&hilit=grafana+chrome#p162643 described in this thread and after the upgrade I had the login issue and I looked at https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/auth/grafana/ specifically https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/auth/grafana/#disable-login-form which I did manually and it fixed my issue. I couldn't remember how I set it up the first time, rather than looking at the plugin config I simply googled setting up Grafana for anonymous access and did it, and pure luck I didn't break anything.

Looking into the plugin code the disable-login-form setting does not get changed, and messing with the ini (especially adding or removing lines) may cause a problems so take backups and proceed with caution as I am not sure what the implications of that change are.

It may well be better to wait until someone more knowledgeable on that topic comes along !

Neil

Page 1 of 1