Purge old or nonexistent devices

Posted on
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:36 pm
srkinard offline

Purge old or nonexistent devices

Is there a quick way to have the database purge all devices that are no longer in Indigo?

When I am editing or creating a panel, in the query builder it shows a LOT of old device names...one device may have 4 or 5 different entries in the device_changes "Name" popup...

I mean..New Device appears in there as soon as I make a new device...once I've finished setting up the device and all it has its final name, but the InfluxDB has "New Device"
I have dozens of UniFi devices in there too from when the UniFi plugin made them, etc.

I mean, I could load of my InfluxDB editor on my Windows box and directly edit the database...but I'd prefer not to.

Am I missing a function somewhere in the plugin dialog boxes?

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:32 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: Purge old or nonexistent devices

To be honest I have not done this myself. I actually like that my previous devices are logged using the device names at the time. For example I rename some seasonal items ocassionally, and want them to appear on my dashboard when I'm viewing that timeframe.

I'm sure that there is a way to do it, but it would be a Influx query that would get you there. You may want to look at Cronograf or something like that.

Page 1 of 1