Error starting InfluxDB server

Posted on
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:36 am
Colly offline

Error starting InfluxDB server

Hi Mike,
I've been meaning to follow up on this for some time and haven't got around to it until now. See details below, this first happened a few months back around the time I was having issues with my Mac Mini so may well be related and have messed up my database. Any suggestions as to what I can do to recover? I'm not too bothered if I need to re-install as I had too many device states included from the very beginning so unless there's an easy fix I'll start again.
Code: Select all
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    error starting the InfluxDB server... will attempt to resolve.
   Grafana Home Dashboard          ######## About to (re) start InfluxDB.  Please be patient while this happens. ########
   Grafana Home Dashboard          shutting down the InfluxDB Server...
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    cannot seem to start InfluxDB, triggering a rebuilding (reset) of Influx config
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    error while connecting to InfluxDB, this can happen when the Indigo server is slow to start up.  Will continue to try silently in the background.
   Grafana Home Dashboard          config file for InfluxDB has been updated; server will restart shortly.
   Grafana Home Dashboard          starting the InfluxDB Server...

Grafana Home Dashboard Error    error starting the InfluxDB server... will attempt to resolve.
   Grafana Home Dashboard          config file for InfluxDB has been updated; server will restart shortly.
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    failed to start the Influx server after a rebuild, please check your config and contact support on the Indigo forums

Thanks in advance.
Colly

Posted on
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:36 am
vtmikel offline

Re: Error starting InfluxDB server

Hey-

I recommend taking the contents of the InfluxDB Data Directory (that is in the plugin config), and archive it elsewhere. Then, restart the plugin and see if InfluxDB starts correctly. If it does, then we know that your database is corrupt. If you are okay with starting from scratch, this is the easiest way to do so.

In the future, making backups of this directory would give you options to restore in time.

Let me know how it goes.

Mike

Page 1 of 1