Can't include a device after excluding it

Posted on
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:27 pm
racarter offline

Can't include a device after excluding it

I accidentally removed two devices from the Include list in the Config dialogue earlier today. I included them again, but noticed a while later that their graph traces had not resumed. On investigation, even though the devices are on the Include list, they show up as Excluded when I explore the devices. Both are in the Included list in the config file.

The state I want to use for both devices is sensorValue; this is included in the list of Global include states, but that state still shows Excluded when I explore the device.

I've tried restarting the plugin, but this has not resolved the problem. I also tried deleting the graph panels in Grafana and adding them again, but no luck.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:08 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: Can't include a device after excluding it

Hey---

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm having trouble reproducing this, but I've made a few tweaks, so try the latest version posted today.

If that doesn't work, try this:

Go to your Indigo folder/Preferences/Plugins/com.vtmikel.grafana.indiPref
Open that file in a text editor
Search for the deviceID you are having trouble with
Remove the entire <Item></Item>

Worst case, you could remove that entire file and that'll reboot your plugin configuration (your Influx Data will remain, but the plugin will need all of your passwords again)

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:19 pm
racarter offline

Re: Can't include a device after excluding it

Thanks - I’ll try that if it ever happens again. I’d tried editing the prefs file, but that didn’t help.

On this occasion I solved the problem by nuking the database, keeping the config. :)

Page 1 of 1