How to access the InfluxDB manually?

Posted on
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:10 pm
CrazyFin offline

How to access the InfluxDB manually?

I have just started to play around with your cool Grafana plugin for Indigo and I have managed to create some initial useful charts.

However, I had 2-3 bad data points in my energy data that was transfered to InfluxDB that I now can not get rid of.
Is there a way to manually access the InfluxDB either via a terminal window or browser window?
I tried with CLI and the command "influx" but I only get the error message "command not found" so I am suspecting that your plugin does not install InfluxDB in the normal way?

Posted on
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:17 pm
dduff617 offline

Re: How to access the InfluxDB manually?

go to /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/servers/influxdb/

from there, you can run influx command. or add the above dir to your path.

start with "auth <user> <pw>"
then "use indigo"

then you can do stuff.

Posted on
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:31 pm
vtmikel offline

CrazyFin wrote:
I have just started to play around with your cool Grafana plugin for Indigo and I have managed to create some initial useful charts.

However, I had 2-3 bad data points in my energy data that was transfered to InfluxDB that I now can not get rid of.
Is there a way to manually access the InfluxDB either via a terminal window or browser window?
I tried with CLI and the command "influx" but I only get the error message "command not found" so I am suspecting that your plugin does not install InfluxDB in the normal way?

As dduff617 pointed out, I included the influx CLI client binary in the plugin package. Feel free to copy it to a more convenient location if you plan on using it frequently. I personally do not.

I would advise that you will get some bad data points in Influx occasionally. I believe I wrote a post in the forum about methods to prevent this — including the filter feature I added (but I’m not certain a lot of people use). I’m not even sure Influx supports a query to remove a data point, as it’s intended to be a time series write once database.

You can also look into the ways to filter data out of the Grafana query, or use the annotation tools. Just some ideas to research.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:51 pm
CrazyFin offline

Cool!

Yes, it looks like there is no good support for removing single bad datapoint from InfluxDB.

I did remove the bad datapoint from my Indigo PostGreSQL database but I am not clear on how to refresh the InfluxDB to clear the current database and start all over again with an empty database
(and later on to find a way to transfer all my historical data from Indigo PostGreSQL database)

Posted on
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:27 pm
rhanson offline

If you really want to go nuclear:

1. Make any last-minute adjustments in Indigo (like device names, etc.)
2. Make any final tweaks to the devices/states/whatever in Grafana config
3. Stop the Grafana plug-in
4. Find the location on your drive where you stored your INFLUX data files
5. Delete them (just the Influx data directory, not Grafana)
6. Restart the Grafana plug-in
7. Wait for a while. It will regenerate the database, and then you'll have to wait for new data to flow in.

Obviously, you will lose all the data. But it might just be what you need.

It's frustrating when you rename a device (or states/props change) and then you have 2 devices in the InfluxDB, the original and the renamed one.

Page 1 of 1