Location of influx and Grafana files

Posted on
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:45 am
siclark offline

Location of influx and Grafana files

Hi
I'm looking to move my setup to a new Mac and wondering if a simple copy of the indigo library folder will capture everything I need so I don't lose data or dashboards?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:01 pm
dduff617 offline

Re: Location of influx and Grafana files

Influxdb and grafana file locations are set in the plugin preferences, Plugins>Grafana Home Dashboard>Configure...

mine are set to subdirectories of my home directory on my server. not sure if those are defaults or if i set them there at some point.

now that you have brought this to my attention, I may relocate my data, perhaps to somewhere within /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Logs/ as that seems like a better place for it.

Posted on
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:26 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: Location of influx and Grafana files

dduff617 wrote:
Influxdb and grafana file locations are set in the plugin preferences, Plugins>Grafana Home Dashboard>Configure...

mine are set to subdirectories of my home directory on my server. not sure if those are defaults or if i set them there at some point.

now that you have brought this to my attention, I may relocate my data, perhaps to somewhere within /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Logs/ as that seems like a better place for it.

I’d suggest keeping it in your user directory. I do not know how Indigo manages the files in the logs directory.

To move your setup, you would re-install Indigo and then the GHD plugin. Move your configuration directories for Influx and Grafana to the new setup as well, and configure the plugin to point to the file locations on the new setup. This should migrate your users, data sources, dashboards, and data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1