Forgot Password Grafana

Posted on
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 am
Frakke offline

Forgot Password Grafana

Hello,

I forgot the username and password for grafana.
Any idea how to reset this?
Already tried "forgot password", but didn't received any email.

Regards
Jelle

Posted on
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:36 am
vtmikel offline

Re: Forgot Password Grafana

Sorry for the delay.

Two options:

1. Use the CLI as the article says (http://docs.grafana.org/administration/cli/)

The CLI binary is available inside of the plugin bundle. So it would be somewhere like this location:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/servers/grafana/grafana-cli

I've never done this myself, let me know how it goes.

2. You can simply delete your Grafana database (it's located in the data directory you configured for the plugin), and restart the plugin. The password will be the default password again, but your data sources and dashboards will be erased. Before you do that, if you have a dashboard you want to keep, you can enable anonymous access via the plugin config, view your dashboard, and export it to JSON.

Posted on
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:33 am
Frakke offline

Re: Forgot Password Grafana

Reset with CLI was no success, tried it but didn't accept my new password..
Ended with deleting the DB.

Regards

vtmikel wrote:
Sorry for the delay.

Two options:

1. Use the CLI as the article says (http://docs.grafana.org/administration/cli/)

The CLI binary is available inside of the plugin bundle. So it would be somewhere like this location:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/servers/grafana/grafana-cli

I've never done this myself, let me know how it goes.

2. You can simply delete your Grafana database (it's located in the data directory you configured for the plugin), and restart the plugin. The password will be the default password again, but your data sources and dashboards will be erased. Before you do that, if you have a dashboard you want to keep, you can enable anonymous access via the plugin config, view your dashboard, and export it to JSON.

Page 1 of 1