Grafana install problem.

Posted on
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:09 pm
pxzel offline

Grafana install problem.

Trying to install latest version of Grafana Home Dashboard 1.0.8 on my iMac running OS X 10.75 and Indigo 7.2

I'm getting these errors in the event log:

Grafana Home Dashboard Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 16, in <module>
File "./lib/influxdb/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
File "./lib/influxdb/client.py", line 19, in <module>
File "./lib/influxdb/line_protocol.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pytz

Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Mike

Posted on
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: Grafana install problem.

Interesting. Will investigate and get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:40 pm
pxzel offline

Wow. Thanks for the quick reply.

Posted on
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:08 pm
vtmikel offline

Hi- what Mac OSX version are you running?

Posted on
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:09 pm
pxzel offline

Posted on
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:18 pm
vtmikel offline

pxzel wrote:

I think you should be able to run the plugin, but it likely has to do with missing python libraries that I haven’t tested on your version of OS X.

Can you try the version I posted today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:31 pm
pxzel offline

Cool! it installed and is providing me with config screen. Will mess with thus for the next hour. Thanks so much!

Posted on
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:34 pm
pxzel offline

Got half installed. Grafana server won't open.

Jan 20, 2019 2:32:30 PM
Grafana Home Dashboard first time setup -- config will now be created for InfluxDB. The InfluxDB server will restart a few times, once that is complete, Grafana will start.
Grafana Home Dashboard config file for InfluxDB has been updated; server will restart shortly.
Grafana Home Dashboard config file for Grafana has been updated; server will restart shortly.
Grafana Home Dashboard config file for InfluxDB has been updated; server will restart shortly.
Grafana Home Dashboard starting the InfluxDB Server...
Grafana Home Dashboard ######## InfluxDB server started. ########
Grafana Home Dashboard shutting down the InfluxDB Server...
Grafana Home Dashboard starting the InfluxDB Server...
Grafana Home Dashboard ######## InfluxDB server started. ########

Jan 20, 2019 2:34:10 PM
Grafana Home Dashboard ######## About to (re) start Grafana. Please be patient while this happens. ########
Grafana Home Dashboard starting the Grafana server...

Jan 20, 2019 2:34:25 PM
Grafana Home Dashboard Error error starting the Grafana server... will continue to attempt in the background

Jan 20, 2019 3:32:51 PM
Grafana Home Dashboard ######## About to (re) start Grafana. Please be patient while this happens. ########
Grafana Home Dashboard Error failed to start the Grafana server more than once, will not attempt again, please check your config

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:09 am
pxzel offline

Should I do a separate install of Grafana for OS X?

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:20 am
dduff617 offline

vtmikel can probably provide better info, but i'll just pass along that my first attempt at installing the 1.0.7 update produced repeated failures to start grafana that look (superficially) similar to what you are reporting. i stopped indigo server (not just the plugin) and then started the server again and things cleared up for me after that. your milage may vary, but maybe worth a try.

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:56 am
pxzel offline

Thanks for input. I’ll try your suggestion. Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:40 pm
pxzel offline

Tried restarting a bunch of times. Grafana server doesn’t want to start. I’m halfway there. Influx server starts. Any ideas on the Grafana server not starting?

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:47 pm
vtmikel offline

pxzel wrote:
Tried restarting a bunch of times. Grafana server doesn’t want to start. I’m halfway there. Influx server starts. Any ideas on the Grafana server not starting?

I glad you tried the restart, as it’s the easiest troubleshooting option. I’m guessing that your issue is related to the Grafana binary package on your version of OS X.

Sorry for the delay. I’ll respond tomorrow with a troubleshooting step I’ll need you to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:54 pm
vtmikel offline

My best guess is that the version of Grafana that I include in the plugin is not compatible with OS X 10.7, but we should find out for sure and I'll do my best to support it if I can.

Can you open a terminal window and run this command and send me the output. If you copy and paste it, it should work for your system.

Code: Select all
/Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.2/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/grafana/grafana-server -homepath /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.2/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/grafana/ -config /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.2/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/grafana/conf/indigo.ini

Posted on
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:45 pm
pxzel offline

Output:
www:~ aaaa$ /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.2/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/grafana/grafana-server -homepath /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.2/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/grafana/ -config /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.2/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/grafana/conf/indigo.ini
Illegal instruction: 4
www:~ aaaa$