GPS plot over time on map

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:44 am
siclark offline

GPS plot over time on map

I was looking for something that could show location of people on the same map, using the find my friends mini plugin but came across this instead.

https://github.com/pR0Ps/grafana-trackm ... /README.md

I did the npm install in the download folder and then copied it across into the grafana package and it all works great. I had to do A and B query for longitude and latitude separately, makes sure you get them the right way round but it works. Not the nicest of maps and little features and doesn't show which way the GPS is moving, ie which is latest point but we would normally know that.

Still on look out for how to do multiple current plots on sale graph.

(Actually just thinking, I could restrict the time on this chart, or set to current data only, maybe? But no option to colour multiple plots differently)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:43 am
vtmikel offline

Re: GPS plot over time on map

This is purely a Grafana question, not related to Indigo, so you may want to look for ideas in other forums. I'm not a Influx query expert, but as an exercise, you could build a singlestat panel and try to build your query using SELECT last() to get the latest location data from Influx and show the lat, long there. This debug step will test your query.

You should be able to plot with different colors by setting the FROM statement (one LAT query, one LONG query per person), creating an Alias and changing the color that way.

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:50 am
siclark offline

Re: GPS plot over time on map

Cheers. This was more to let others know this existed and worked than a question. I don't think it's really the panel I want, there are other GPS map ones , but it's interesting to have available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1