Best Greatest Fantastic Grapher

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 am
DomoPat offline

Best Greatest Fantastic Grapher

I am using the plugin for a couple of months now, and I keep on being amazed at the quality and usefulness of this plugin ! NowI have all information I need in a graphic way in a single page (although I plan to have more dedicated pages !) and very reliably, from inside the home or outside. I feel I owe a big thank you to the developer and I should let the community know about this gem.
I realise that this is what I always wanted, a dashboard showing quickly the states of alarms, temperatures, doors and windows, just like they have on the Enterprise starship or some fancy airplanes or nuclear power plants.
Grafana is just that, coupled to Indigo it gives useful and beautiful graphs, tables or discrete panels which I tailored to be exactly as I want. I tried every other graph plugin but for me Grafana is the best one, and it will remain on my system forever !
Not easy to achieve exactly the results you want in the beginning, but then the customisation possibilities are endless so it becomes addictive to try to tweak the pages and graphs to your liking.

All this to say a big thank you to vtmikel for his work, and to encourage you all to give it a try !

A couple of images of my current dashboard: the coloraturas choices are very... personal, I know and I keep on changing them. I also change the order of the panels frequently depending on what I need to monitor or the season. The Swimming Pool ie 'Piscine' will go down in the page with a single click very soon, as not much happens with it anymore now.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2018-11-28 à 16.58.02.png
Capture d’écran 2018-11-28 à 16.58.02.png (379.59 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Capture d’écran 2018-11-28 à 17.00.51.png
Capture d’écran 2018-11-28 à 17.00.51.png (364.98 KiB) Viewed 1462 times

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 am
vtmikel offline

Re: Best Greatest Fantastic Grapher

Thanks for sharing. I also typically look at a 24 hour view of my home. Out of curiosity, how much data do you have logged to Influx? Are you seeing any memory issues with the InfluxDB process?

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:47 am
DomoPat offline

Where do I find the info about data in InfluxDB ?
In Activity Monitor the InfluxD process is using 276Mb, second biggest user after kernel_task.

I had to relaunch the plugin a couple of times since I started using it 3 months ago, should I check the memory if it gets unresponsive ? not a big deal as no data loss occurred, it looked like the collection continued during the unresponsiveness.

Posted on
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:28 am
vtmikel offline

Your memory usage is close to mine as well. My Mac Mini has 16GB RAM, so I want to hear reports if anyone has problems while running with a less beefy system than my own.

I have not done much testing with the InfluxDB Retention Policy. As more data collects, the InfluxDB process will use more memory.

The plugin itself hasn't become unresponsive very often for me, perhaps 1-2 times this year, and never resulted in data loss. Let me know if you see otherwise.

Page 1 of 1