Empty graphs and error 502

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:25 am
DomoPat offline

Empty graphs and error 502

Hello, installed the plugin and followed instructions, all went well. Included a few devices, but no luck after that. I see the default dashboard, each graph has a red exclamation mark with "network error bad gateway 302".
I changed parameters in the 'metrics' section of each graph and tried various devices and states without ever getting a result... is the following request valid or am I totally wrong:
FROM default device_changes WHERE name = Lampe télé rouge SELECT field (state.onOffstate)

or do I miss something else ?

Thank you for the help.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:57 am
vtmikel offline

Re: Empty graphs and error 502

That would indicate that there is something wrong with your data source in Grafana. When you did Step 5, did the test work successfully?

https://github.com/mlamoure/indigo-graf ... board/wiki

Make sure that you actually type in the URL. The default that is placed there is just a example (a poor usability choice that gets a lot of people). I also recommend using the "Server" access mode.

If you continue to have the problem, try a alternative web browser just to be sure it's not a cache issue.

Once this works, set the data source for your graphs and you should be set.

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:40 am
DomoPat offline

Thank you, that was it ! I thought the URL was already entered there and it wasn't of course... so all good now, and wow, Wow WOW !

The graphs look really good, the discrete graph is exactly what I was looking for to track the states of devices. I like that you immediately see the results in the changes of the queries or colors, and that there are so many adjustable parameters. Thank you for this plugin, it looks like I will finally be able to have a great dashboard !

One question, can the iInfluxDB also track the changes of variables of Indigo and not only devices ?

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:44 am
vtmikel offline

All variables are automatically sent to Influx and are available in Grafana. I don't provide any configuration options, it's the default and only behavior.

See attachment for example metric query for a variable in a discrete graph. You can easily create a discrete graph that will chart ALL of your variables by removing the "varname =" part of the metric. However, some people have so many variables that this will create a huge graph and will behave slowly in your browser. Do that with caution.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.42.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.42.18 AM.png (113.08 KiB) Viewed 1312 times

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:07 am
DomoPat offline

Fantastic ! I will use a few variables that are important to my system, it is so easy.

Now a lot of decisions make on what and how to display the data, what a great tool !

Page 1 of 1