Installing Grafana plugins to Grafana plugin

Posted on
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm
juntta offline

Installing Grafana plugins to Grafana plugin

Smashing Topic Subject, don't you think? :D

I was wondering or more likely trialing and erroring is it possible to install Grafana plugins to Indigo Grafana plugin? I actually tried to install Ajax plugin (https://grafana.com/plugins/ryantxu-ajax-panel/installation) via command line command
Code: Select all
grafana-cli plugins install ryantxu-ajax-panel
although this had to done in little longer form
Code: Select all
/Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/grafana/grafana-cli plugins install ryantxu-ajax-panel

It however ended up to /usr/local/var/lib/grafana/plugins/ directory and it didn't load when I restarted Grafana so obviously that directory wasn't the right place. How these plugins should be installed or is it even possible? Maybe new feature to plugin to install plugins through the configuration panel...? ;)

Posted on
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:12 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: Installing Grafana plugins to Grafana plugin

Yeah... I've been meaning to address this.

What I recommend is to install manually via filesystem rather than the CLI, just because that's what I've done before and I'm not familiar with the CLI method.

Download the Grafana plugin manually, and put it here:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/servers/grafana/data/plugins

it should be a directory per plugin. See the current directory for an example, you'll find the Discrete plugin there.

In the future I'm going to move the plugins directory to something outside of the Indigo plugin bundle. For now, use this method but you'll have to re-install the Grafana plugin for each update to the Indigo Grafana Dashboard plugin (nice confusing set of words).

One you put the files in the plugin directory, restart the plugin.

Posted on
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:18 pm
vtmikel offline

Out of curiosity, what are you using the AJAX panel for?

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:34 am
juntta offline

Thanks vtmikel, your instructions worked. I moved the plugin directory from
/usr/local/var/lib/grafana/plugins/
to
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/servers/grafana/data/plugins

After that I used the "Rebuild and Restart" function from Grafana dashboard plugin menu in Indigo, waited for restart and it worked! :)

I'm planning to embed some weather widget from https://darksky.net/widgets to my dashboard and couldn't get those widgets working with text panel. So I saw example somewhere with embedded page in Grafana dashboard and that gave me idea... When I have something ready, I'll post a screenshot! :wink:

And many thanks for this great plugin, getting much better overall view to my system with Grafana dashboard

Posted on
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:35 pm
siclark offline

Hi. Did you get this working?

Posted on
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:34 am
juntta offline

siclark wrote:
Hi. Did you get this working?

If you meant Ajax Panel and embedding Dark Sky widget, I had some kind of draft version put together but some project with higher priority came up (probably wifes interior/garden project :)).

At least, there were some issues with refreshing after some idle time and positioning page. I check where I left off and post screenshot tonight when I get back home.

Posted on
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:02 am
vtmikel offline

I never finished looking into how I can move the Grafana plugins directory outside of the Indigo plugin bundle. Since I'm updating the plugin less frequently now, it's not as big of a pain to install to the plugin bundle, but I'll still put this on my list of things to do.

Posted on
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:01 pm
juntta offline

This is what I could find, I thought I had little more than this but I guess forgot to save at the end.... So basically I played with the darksky widget, saved it as html file and attached it to Grafana Dashboard with Ajax plugin.

Screenshot from edit mode

Posted on
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:59 pm
siclark offline

Thanks. I've found this setup that I'll try when I get a moment.

http://blog.mike-greene.com/adding-weat ... board/amp/

Posted on
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 pm
juntta offline

siclark wrote:
Thanks. I've found this setup that I'll try when I get a moment.

http://blog.mike-greene.com/adding-weat ... board/amp/

I found that one too, cant remember why I used the Ajax panel instead Text which Mike Greene uses on that blog. Maybe I try that approach as well when I get back to this one...

Posted on
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:26 am
siclark offline

I ended up going back to the AJAX plugin as well (once I RTFM and realised I needed to restart the plugin, not just Grafana after installing it!)
Also for anyone else wanting to use it,
take the http address after the src= and add to the URL
take the section after the ? and move to the Parameters section
delete the ?
replace
= with :
& with ,
put '' around all strings

for instance

embed:'true',
timeControl:'true',
fieldControl:'true',
defaultField:'radar'

I have added a bunch of Dark sky widgets and they even work on the fire 8, allowing me to change the type of map shown on below for example. Sadly the time drop downs dont work.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 16.08.13.png
Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 16.08.13.png (498.92 KiB) Viewed 3794 times

Page 1 of 1