Plugin Update Process for v1.0.1?

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:34 pm
dduff617 offline

Plugin Update Process for v1.0.1?

I observe that there are "Check for updates" and "Update Plugin" items in the GHD plugin menu.

I ran check-for-updates and it seems to work and tells me there is a newer version.

I ran "Update Plugin", and I get an error:
Code: Select all
   Grafana Home Dashboard          Checking for updates...
   Grafana Home Dashboard Warning  A new version is available: https://github.com/mlamoure/indigo-grafana-dashboard/releases/tag/v1.0.1
  Grafana Home Dashboard Error    <urlopen error [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 78, in update
    self._installRelease(update)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 241, in _installRelease
    zipfile = self._getZipFileFromRelease(release)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 309, in _getZipFileFromRelease
    zipdata = urlopen(zipball).read()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 431, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1240, in https_open
    context=self._context)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1197, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)>

Is there a workaround for this error? Otherwise, what's the recommended way to update to the new version, while preserving all existing data and settings?

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:10 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: Plugin Update Process for v1.0.1?

The Indigo guys are supposed to be getting us guidance on a better mechanism for plugin updates. Though, I didn't expect this error you pasted to be happening, I thought the GitHub updater code (which many of us use) was patched to work.

I run my Indigo server on High Sierra and do not get this error. I'm not certain the cause, but it seems to be related to TLS security.

The plugin is designed to be updated without any loss of data. No concerns there. Simply go here and download the latest release: https://github.com/mlamoure/indigo-graf ... d/releases

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:16 pm
dduff617 offline

I grabbed latest from Indigo plugin store. Downloaded. Double-clicked to install. Took a few minutes of crunching data, after which things seem to be working ok.

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:25 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

vtmikel wrote:
The Indigo guys are supposed to be getting us guidance on a better mechanism for plugin updates

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=20218

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:28 pm
vtmikel offline

Ha- I even commented on that thread. I completely forgot about it. I'll get it implemented.

Posted on
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:12 pm
vtmikel offline

Fixed in v1.0.2

Posted on
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:24 am
dduff617 offline

No biggie, since I think I already know the workaround (just download from GitHub and do "manual" install), but I thought I'd report anyway:

Upgrading from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3, I get an error that looks similar to the one I got when upgrading from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1. So "fixed in 1.0.2" seems to not apply to my case.

Code: Select all
Grafana Home Dashboard          Checking for updates...
   Grafana Home Dashboard Warning  A new version is available: https://github.com/mlamoure/indigo-grafana-dashboard/releases/tag/v1.0.3
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    <urlopen error [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 78, in update
    self._installRelease(update)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 241, in _installRelease
    zipfile = self._getZipFileFromRelease(release)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 309, in _getZipFileFromRelease
    zipdata = urlopen(zipball).read()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 431, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1240, in https_open
    context=self._context)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1197, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)>

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:33 pm
vtmikel offline

Can you explain your update process? I'm a bit baffled by this.

I just confirmed, the 1.0.2 bundle does not even have the ghpu.py file, which is part of the error you had in your log. Are you sure you weren't updating from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3? 1.0.1 still had the legacy ghpu.py.

Mike

Posted on
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:40 pm
dduff617 offline

I thought I was updating from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3, but perhaps I was mistaken and I was actually upgrading from 1.0.1.

In any case, I have 1.0.3 installed now and I can see the "update plugin" menu command seems to be gone.

Page 1 of 1