InfluxDb HTTP access?

Posted on
Sun May 27, 2018 2:53 pm
dduff617 offline

InfluxDb HTTP access?

Should I be able to access InfluxDB via HTTP? I see some conflicting docs about this. Looking at the default configuration from the Grafana plugin's configuration dialog, it says "InfluxDB HTTP Port" = 8086, but if I use browser to attempt an HTTP connection on this port, I get a 404 error, which I think means there is an HTTP server there, but it doesn't like my (empty) path. Is there a a certain HTTP path I need to provide to expose basic access to Influx? Or is HTTP interface just for API access?

As far as "interactive" HTTP access, I see did stumble across some older references that say something to the effect that HTTP access to InfluxDB has been deprecated and replaced by another tool (?) called chronograf, however I'm not sure whether that is talking about the same thing...

I was looking to do some exploration of what's getting saved in InfluxDB - should I just use the command line interface to query?

Posted on
Sun May 27, 2018 3:57 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: InfluxDb HTTP access?

The HTTP port hosts the ReST web service for the Influx client's to connect to. There is not an administrative interface. They used to have one and depreciated it.

There's an explorer tool that they have called Chronograf. You can install that outside of Indigo and connect to the Influx server. I don't do anything funny to restrict access to the plugin.

Posted on
Sun May 27, 2018 4:31 pm
dduff617 offline

Is the "influx" command line program installed by the plugin? If so, how do I access it? i had previously installed influxDB to do some exploration of an earlier version of the plugin (before Influx was integrated). As of now, it does not appear to be anywhere on my $path.

As of now, I'm trying to get familiar with grafana and influxdb at the same time -- sometimes it helps to be able to access influxdb directly to test out queries.

Posted on
Sun May 27, 2018 5:32 pm
vtmikel offline

Yes, it's located here:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/servers/influxdb

The plugin does not put any files on your system outside of the Plugin bundle itself, other than the data directories for Influx and Grafana.

Page 1 of 1