Multisensors without sensorValue

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 4:20 pm
haakon offline

Hi, yet another question regarding this brilliant plugin:

I have outdoor humidity and temperature sensors (via RFXCOM) that registers data not as "senorValue", but in states such as "temperature" and "humidity". Is there a way to get these values into the plugin, or does it just support sensorValue data?

I guess a work-around would be a trigger that moves the sensor's values into variables, but it wouldn't be elegant exactly.

Haakon
Last edited by haakon on Fri May 04, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 4:24 pm
vtmikel offline

haakon wrote:
Hi, yet another question regarding this brilliant plugin:

I have outdoor humidity and temperature sensors (via RFXCOM) that registers data not as "senorValue", but in states such as "temperature" and "humidity". Is there a way to get these values into the plugin, or does it just support sensorValue data?

I guess a work-around would be a trigger that moves the sensor's values into variables, but it wouldn't be elegant exactly.

Haakon

Use the device explorer in the plugin menu. Explore the device you are looking to get into Grafana. You’ll see the states, values, and the current inclusion. Then go to the plugin config dialog and add the states in question. Alternatively you can add the entire device in step 2 of the plugin config dialog and all states for that device will be sent. But you’ll still want to check out the device explorer either way so that you know what to add to your metric in the grafana query.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1