Making changes in the database

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 4:42 pm
haakon offline

Making changes in the database

Thanks for a great plugin!

Is there a way to make changes to the data in InfluxDB?

I am tracking some Indigo variables that occasionally are calculated wrong, resulting in abnormally big numbers messing up my graphs.

Haakon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by haakon on Fri May 04, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed May 02, 2018 7:00 am
vtmikel offline

Re: Making changes the database

Hi,

This is on my radar as something to offer more/better solutions to. As you've found out, a single bad value can throw off your dashboard.

My plan is to implement something within the plugin to prevent these values from being sent to Influx. Once they are in Influx, though, it's too late and the plugin cannot really help.

Until I implement some kind of filtering, you'll have to either:

1. Delete the bad data. You'll have to look up how to do DELETE queries in influx. I've never done it myself. I don't think there is a UPDATE query.

2. Look into Grafana's annotation framework, or the Panel properties, there might be a way to use Grafana to filter it out.

Let me know if you discover anything that helps. I'm sure others would be interested. I'll try to do more research in my spare time as well.

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 4:07 pm
haakon offline

Re: Making changes in the database

Thanks for those suggestions!

I ended up setting a Y-Min and Y-Max in the Axes properties, locking the graph to a fixed range. Not the best solution, as it prevents the scale from dynamically adjusting itself to the displayed data. But it is a working solution for now.

Posted on
Wed May 09, 2018 1:51 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: Making changes in the database

I've done a first cut of implementing a filtering mechanism. It's available as a unreleased version, master branch, of the plugin on github. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

Page 1 of 1