Change to impuls type

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 4:50 am
haavarda offline

Change to impuls type

I have startet to play with this plugin and Grafana. Verry easy to install, I had no issues.
I see that there is a learning curve here, to understand what is going on :) .

One question I have. See the attached picture from a Garage setup I am trying to create. The blue plot is the 1/0 value for my garage door. It is multiplied to fit the scale.
But since this is a binary / impuls value I was hoping to have the curve straight on or off, and not curved as you can see in the picture.
Any tips on this?

Håvard
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2018-05-01 kl. 12.45.09.png
Skjermbilde 2018-05-01 kl. 12.45.09.png (65.43 KiB) Viewed 1902 times

Håvard

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 6:00 am
vtmikel offline

Re: Change to impuls type

I believe what you are looking for is the "Staircase" option, which is under the Display tab. I believe you can also override it on a per Series basis if you want some to be staircase, and others to be rounded.

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 7:50 am
haavarda offline

vtmikel wrote:
I believe what you are looking for is the "Staircase" option, which is under the Display tab. I believe you can also override it on a per Series basis if you want some to be staircase, and others to be rounded.

Thanks. That worked perfectly!
Do you know how much load this plugin is putting on my server? How heavy is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 10:18 am
vtmikel offline

Grafana puts almost no strain on your machine, it's almost all client side on the consumer browser. Mine is consuming 31MB of RAM.

The Influx database does have a larger footprint. Mine is taking 350MB RAM. It takes about 1% CPU from what I see.

The plugin itself simply connects to the Influx server and sends changes. Almost no impact for this.

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 7:07 am
haavarda offline

Not much load then :).

Thank you for your work on this plugin. It is much fun get get so nice looking results. When trying to make some HVAC graphs I ran into am issue I am sure there are an solution to.
Is it possible to multiply two sources in to one graph?

My case:
I want to multiply cool set-point with on/off status for aircondition. So that this reads 0 when AC is off, and the current set-point when on.
Is this possible?

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 7:46 am
vtmikel offline

What happens to your coolSetpoint when you set your HVAC to Heat Mode, and heatSetpoint when in cool mode? For the NEST, these values go to zero for the opposite modes, so I haven't had to do a multiplier. Though I do think this is possible, but there's a chance you'll have to do a manual query in Grafana rather than use the built-in visual editor.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 3:33 am
haavarda offline

On my thermostat the setpoint would just stay the same if I turned the unit off. I have a z-wave to ir thermostat that controls a heat-pump. But I figured out that a simple trigger in Indigo that sets the cool state to a variable, and set it to 0 if state is off would solve it. Happy days :)

Is there a way to get these nice plots in to a control page? That would be perfect...
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2018-05-06 kl. 11.32.59.png
Skjermbilde 2018-05-06 kl. 11.32.59.png (68.17 KiB) Viewed 1725 times

Håvard

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 8:06 am
vtmikel offline

Regarding embedding into a Control Page, read here: viewtopic.php?f=279&t=20667

Unfortunately, it's just not stable enough for me to consider it a feature that is ready for prime time, but it is possible. I've tested it. You are welcome to give it a try at your own risk.

URL example for the rendered image: http://localhost:3006/render/dashboard-solo/db/indigo?orgId=1&panelId=2&from=now-24h&to=now&width=1000&height=500&timeout=5000

"indigo" is the name of your dashboard in the above URL. The Pabel ID you can get by clicking the panel title bar in your Grafana dashboard and click "View". Look in the URL string to get the PanelID.

Page 1 of 1