Getting started building your own dashboard

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:47 am
vtmikel offline

Getting started building your own dashboard

While the plugin reduces the technical knowhow of the installation of the two servers, it still requires you to learn a bit about Grafana and write some metric queries for Influx. Everyone's Indigo setup will be different, but there are some basics that can help someone get started.

I've started a wiki document that details some example metrics (queries) that I found useful in building my own Indigo dashboard.

Wiki page: https://github.com/mlamoure/indigo-grafana-dashboard/wiki/Building-a-Indigo-dashboard-in-Grafana

Please feel free to ask questions in this thread, post examples here, or add to the wiki document.

Posted on
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Getting started building your own dashboard

When I have an existing, working Graphana setup and I add a whole new type of device, is there some way I need to update Graphana to have it grab the various states types that did not exist when I installed Graphana?

I've recently installed solar, and I can't find the "watts" sensorValue.

Also, I notice that https://github.com/mlamoure/indigo-graf ... ph-example makes reference to "Singlestat Panels" at the top, but there's no example of Singlestat panel setup.

Thanks!

EDIT: I found the "explore device" option and I get this:
Code: Select all
 Grafana Home Dashboard             state.watts: 222.0 (NOT INCLUDED)
   Grafana Home Dashboard             state.watts.num: 222.0 (NOT INCLUDED)
   Grafana Home Dashboard             state.watts.ui: 222 (NOT INCLUDED)
   Grafana Home Dashboard             state.watts.ui.num: 222.0 (NOT INCLUDED)

So how do I make them become INCLUDED? I tried rebuilding the db and the server, and they still weren't added. Same for reloading the plugin.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1