Amazing!!!

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:09 pm
ZachBenz offline

Amazing!!!

This is terrific! Thanks so much for creating this! I made half-hearted attempts to install InfluxDB and Grafana, but never found the time to work through it. This is totally seamless!

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:46 am
vtmikel offline

Re: Amazing!!!

Glad it worked out for you. I’m waiting for more feedback before I release it to the plugin store. Also I’d like to populate the wiki with sample queries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:56 am
jens offline

Works perfect for me to

//jens

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 am
ZachBenz offline

vtmikel wrote:
Glad it worked out for you. I’m waiting for more feedback before I release it to the plugin store. Also I’d like to populate the wiki with sample queries.

I'm going to shoot you a pull request tonight adding phantomjs to grafana - this will enable the /render/dashboard-solo/db GET method to generate .png snapshots of panels (e.g. suitable for a refreshing URL in an Indigo control page). Just need to fiddle a bit more to test it out... seems like you need to have anonymous login enabled in the Grafana config, since you can't do authentication embedded in the URL (basic auth)...

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:38 pm
vtmikel offline

That’d be great. I’d be happy to include that. We can adjust the Auth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:14 am
ZachBenz offline

Still haven't quite figured out how to get the render to actually function... but I will put up the promised pull request to see if others have better luck.

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:42 am
vtmikel offline

ZachBenz wrote:
Still haven't quite figured out how to get the render to actually function... but I will put up the promised pull request to see if others have better luck.

Happy to take a look when you are ready.

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:38 pm
ZachBenz offline

vtmikel wrote:
ZachBenz wrote:

Pull request submitted!

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 am
vtmikel offline

ZachBenz wrote:
vtmikel wrote:
ZachBenz wrote:

Pull request submitted!

Thanks for the contribution. Very simple to add. Can you check the latest master branch on Github? I've added the config dialog to disable auth for the Grafana server. I could not get my own dashboard to render to a png, but I did not spend long trying. Let me know what you are able to do.

Will be a great feature addition to the plugin.

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:16 am
vtmikel offline

I checked my logs and found an error for rendering. A few google searches and I came across this: https://community.grafana.com/clicks/tr ... ic_id=6258

The version of Grafana I install is via Brew, so it looks like it's a known issue.

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 pm
ZachBenz offline

vtmikel wrote:
I checked my logs and found an error for rendering. A few google searches and I came across this: https://community.grafana.com/clicks/tr ... ic_id=6258

The version of Grafana I install is via Brew, so it looks like it's a known issue.

Ah, that would explain it. I added my upvote to the Grafana GitHub issue as well. I'll test out the functionality you added on the master branch (e.g. turning on/off anon access) in the meantime...

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:04 pm
ZachBenz offline

Looking through the Grafana issues on GitHub, seems like they've been working phantomjs/render updates throughout March (a variety of issues on various platforms are reported, as well as references to them doing work on phantomjs related things). All to say, hopefully things will settle out in the next month or two, fixing render as an option.

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 pm
ZachBenz offline

Changes on master work as expected.

One issue I ran into, which was self caused, was that I had changed the Organization name in the Grafana settings with the Web GUI from the default of 'Main Org.' This prevented anonymous access from working, because the org_name in the auth.anonymous section of the .ini defines which specific organization has anonymous access enabled - an exact string match.

Once I restored the Grafana settings to make the Organization Name 'Main Org.', matching the auth.anonymous org_name, all was well.

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:41 pm
ZachBenz offline

One other note on the changes on master - anonymous mode lets anyone with access to the web server to see the dashboards in the specified Organization, but not change any settings (either of the dashboard or of Grafana in general). So it definitely opens you up, but not completely - you still have to sign in to change the Grafana configuration.

I would suggest editing the warning messages you have in place a bit - e.g.:

In the event log: " Your server is not auth protected." -> "Your server is allowing anonymous, unauthenticated dashboard access for your Grafana Organization named [ORG_NAME]" (where ORG_NAME comes from the auth.anonymous org_name setting in the .ini)

In the config pane: "The Grafana server is now open to anyone who..." -> "With this enabled, the Grafana server will allow anonymous, unauthenticated dashboard access for your Grafana Organization named [ORG_NAME] to anyone who..."

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:55 am
vtmikel offline

good points on the changes to the warning messages. I'm tempted to hard code the organization name, and not make that editable via the plugin config. I don't see it as necessary. Thoughts?