"math" always defaults to "/100"

Posted on
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:37 am
Different Computers offline

"math" always defaults to "/100"

I have a bunch of luminance sensors, and one of them reports Lux while the others all report % light. I'd like to see them all on the same scale in the same grafana table and since % x 9 is closer to the reality than lux /100, I tried to do that.

But in the panel editor, when I select "math" it auto populates with "/100" and even when I change that, it reverts when I save. Going in to query mode and trying to change the raw query also does the same.

Seems clear I'm missing something about how the editor works, or what the actual name of the function I need is, but I don't know enough to do a sensible internet search for the topic. Tried!

What am I missing?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:19 am

Re: "math" always defaults to "/100"

:(

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:01 am
vtmikel offline

I will check on the latest version of Grafana and post my findings.

One other idea is to switch the axis for the lux versus % to the right axis. Would that work for your purposes?

Posted on
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:48 am

I'm not sure what changing the axis would do. Wouldn't the same problem continue to exist?

Or are you suggesting that I show both lux and %?

Posted on
Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:29 pm
vtmikel offline

I’m on Grafana 9.2.1 (using a install of Grafana outside of the server included with the plugin), and I am able to change the Math equation from /100 to /50, *5 etc..

My thought on the axis was that you can use Overrides for the specific devices that used a different scale, and have them on the right axis. while comparing them wouldn’t be apples to apples, it would allow the left and right axis to scale differently so that you dont have the two being plotted on the same axis.

Page 1 of 1