If you use Grafana and Unifi gear too:

Posted on
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:13 am
Different Computers offline

If you use Grafana and Unifi gear too:

Just found this https://github.com/unifi-poller/unifi-poller

Lets you see essentially all your Unifi activity in Grafana. VTMikeL, I'm no pro at configuring Grafana and I've never tried to add something like this to the install that your instructions got up and running--do you think there's much chance I could break the Grafana setup I have by attempting to add this to the same influxdb etc?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:08 am
neilk offline

Re: If you use Grafana and Unifi gear too:

This looks really cool, I am also nervous with the home brew part to install the poller itself but this is definitely worth a play. I may try docker for the poller part as I think the rest shouldn’t touch the Grafana install but no expertise to add.

Posted on
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:46 pm
srkinard offline

I've been looking at this too...I've got an old 2009 Mac mini running to an old TV and Chrome cycles through a series of webpages with stats.
The UniFi controller dashboard is nice, but I'd like more control over how the data is presented.

Has anyone figured out the easiest way to do it?

I have Grafana and the InfluxDB setup by this plugin on my Indigo server of course...I have Docker on a separate Dell laptop running Ubuntu 20 that I use for a lot of stuff (UniFI, Nginx, piHole, etc.)
I'd like to set up this poller on the Docker system and have it feed the InfluxDB on the Indigo mini...

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:31 pm
vtmikel offline

I'm sorry that I missed this thread. I need to fix my notifications.

No - I do not think there is risk by sending this to the same InfluxDB, such as the included database to the plugin. I have several Telegraf clients that are logging to my Influx.

About 6 months ago I moved away from using my own plugin's InfluxDB, primarily to distribute the computing to other machines on my network. However I plan to completely still support the included InfluxDB.

Posted on
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:22 am
MarcoGT offline

Any news on this topic?
It would be nice to have the poller plugin included in the Grafana Indigo Plugin :wink:

Posted on
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:52 am
srkinard offline

MarcoGT wrote:
Any news on this topic?
It would be nice to have the poller plugin included in the Grafana Indigo Plugin :wink:

To be honest, I wouldn't advise to do that. The UniFi stuff is way busier than Indigo, so the impact on the Influx server is significantly more. Right now my Influx DB for Indigo is about 600MB, and for the same timeframe the UniFi one is 5.6GB.

I've moved all my stuff over to an i7 10700K powered Unraid server, so the InfluxDB and Grafana instances now run separately on that machine and the Indigo plugin only feeds data to the Unraid Influx server.

I just think those folks who are running older Macs with less powerful CPUs would feel the performance hit from the poller talking to Unifi, then Influx digesting the data and finally Grafana parsing/formatting the output.

Just my take on it.

Ross

Page 1 of 1