"contact support"

Posted on
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:09 pm
Different Computers offline

"contact support"

Am I the first one of these?

Just did a simple upgrade to a dashboard that was running fine. This is after several iterations of this, where I disabled the plugin and reenabled it. Errors are the same as when it first errored out, essentially.
Code: Select all
   Grafana Home Dashboard          config file for InfluxDB has been updated; server will restart shortly.
   Grafana Home Dashboard          config file for InfluxDB has been updated; server will restart shortly.
   Disabling plugin "Grafana Home Dashboard 1.0.3"
   Stopping plugin "Grafana Home Dashboard 1.0.3" (pid 40480)
   Stopped plugin "Grafana Home Dashboard 1.0.3"
   Enabling plugin "Grafana Home Dashboard 1.0.3"
   Starting plugin "Grafana Home Dashboard 1.0.3" (pid 40647)
   Started plugin "Grafana Home Dashboard 1.0.3"
   Grafana Home Dashboard          starting the InfluxDB Server...

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:01:35 PM
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    error starting the InfluxDB server... will attempt to resolve.
   Grafana Home Dashboard          ######## About to (re) start InfluxDB.  Please be patient while this happens. ########
   Grafana Home Dashboard          shutting down the InfluxDB Server...
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    cannot seem to start InfluxDB, triggering a rebuilding (reset) of Influx config
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    error while connecting to InfluxDB, this can happen when the Indigo server is slow to start up.  Will continue to try silently in the background.
   Grafana Home Dashboard          starting the InfluxDB Server...

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:02:40 PM
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    error starting the InfluxDB server... will attempt to resolve.
   Grafana Home Dashboard Error    failed to start the Influx server after a rebuild, please check your config and contact support on the Indigo forums
   Grafana Home Dashboard          shutting down the InfluxDB Server...

And so on.

Afraid I don't know what part of my config I should check. I certainly made no changes to it since I set it up, and it was working fine.

When I try to open the plugin's "Configure..." dialog, I get
 Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.vtmikel.grafana for request UiGetValues1
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.vtmikel.grafana for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.vtmikel.grafana for request UiGetValues1
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.vtmikel.grafana for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiGetValues1 (waiting for CallPluginFunc)
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiGetValues1 (waiting for CallPluginFunc)

But after a while I can open it.

I did just add the FUWU plugin to my Indigo set up, but have not included it in Grafana at all. Also updated HomeKit Bridge. Can't imagine that affects Grafana.

When I just restarted Grafana to check the config, there's this error which I missed from the first time it happened.
 Grafana Home Dashboard Error    error while attempting to connect to internal InfluxDB Server after 12 attempts, stopping attempts.  Please check your configuration or contact support.  Error: HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=8086): Max retries exceeded with url: /query?q=CREATE+DATABASE+%22indigo%22&db=indigo (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x10e50b910>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 61] Connection refused',))

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:39 am
vtmikel offline

Re: "contact support"

I was on travel, apologies for the delay.

The plugin is trying to start InfluxDB, but it's failing. Have you had any success getting it to start since this post?

If not, can you open a terminal and run this command to start Influx manually and report the output:

/Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/influxdb/influxd run -config /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/influxdb/influxdb.conf

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:06 pm
vtmikel offline

I also tracked down a long-standing bug where the config dialog would become slow to load after the plugin had been running without restart for a long period of time. This is fixed in v1.0.4 available now. I believe it may be the issue you faced with the config dialog. I believe the failure to start Influx is a different issue.

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Still downloading 1.04 from Github (which is really slow and I don't know why) but when I try the command I get
Indigo:~ name$ /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/influxdb/influxd run -config /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/influxdb/influxdb.conf
-bash: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Grafana Home Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/servers/influxdb/influxd: No such file or directory

Was there some assumption that I would know to add some important command before all this? 'Cause all I see is a directory tree, and not a command.

No wait.

You want me to GO to
Indigo:~ mdawson$  cd /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/influxdb/influxd run -config /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Plugins/Grafana\ Home\ Dashboard.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server\ Plugin/servers/influxdb/influxdb.conf
?
Yeah. No. You don't.

I have no idea. What you posted doesn't make any sense according to what I understand about bash. Sorry if I'm too wine sodden to figure it out!

The good news in all this: 1.04 download finished, and the update gave me:

Grafana Home Dashboard          ######## InfluxDB server started. ########

So it's all good. Thank you! I imagine I was stuck with that "It has been running for a while so here's a problem" bug, because Grafana has been running for 2+ weeks as I recall.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Sigh.

Except all my past data is gone.

Page 1 of 1