Install Help

Posted on
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm
colovin offline

Install Help

Hi, I have an August Lock that is synced with August connect. I've enabled the plug in and filled in my user name and password. In the device settings I'm not getting a Lock device from August app in the setup panel. The top paragraph in the panel says I probably don't have my lock setup correctly in the app. I've gone in the app and don't see where something is not correctly setup. It says it is synced with August connect.

In the install notes it says that the plugin will guide me through getting a verification code from August. This might be what my problem is. Nothing guided met towards getting a code and no code has been gotten. How do I go about getting that code and where does it go?

Thanks,

JDC

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:52 am
vtmikel offline

Re: Install Help

Can you post a screen shot of your config screen for the plugin? Does it have the green text that says "All good". This will only happen after you enter your login and password, and click the verify button. You'll get a confirmation code sent to your email or text message to your phone. You'll need to enter this verification code into the plugin as well. This is a one time activity.

Posted on
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:49 am
colovin offline

OK, I was able to get the verification code, I thought it was an automatic routine, it required user input so turns out to be user error, a regular feature of this user. :-) Thanks, works great, I want it mainly to keep track of the battery level.

Posted on
Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:14 pm
vtmikel offline

No worries, it happens. The config dialogs are not the most usable, especially with dynamically changing fields.

Hopefully you find the plugin useful beyond the battery. My primary use case was replacing the dumb auto lock feature that the August has, to one that was smarter based on more data points in Indigo.

Posted on
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:43 pm
colovin offline

I really don't use it as much as I should, I thought that getting an alert when then batteries get below a certain precent would be good. . But . . . I just briefly looked over the docs where it is integrated with google maps. Can you set it to lock if you reach a certain point or distance from the house? That might be useful, have it lock when I leave town.

Actually I might be confusing that with the Automatic plugin, which I have Automatic, maybe have notification from Automatic lock my door? Who knows :-)

Page 1 of 1