August Pro now supported

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:03 am
mrmatt68 offline

Re: August Pro now supported

Im trying to understand which version of the lock i need or want. Do i need the bridge for this to work? If i get the pro without the bridge will i be able to add to homekit via the homebrige? I like the idea of the pro without a bridge but want it to work with homekit via homebridge....is that configuration possible or do i need the bridge?

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:31 am
vtmikel offline

Hi-

You need the Pro to control via Z-wave. It increases speed and reliability working from Indigo. My plugin can serve non pro users by using the cloud / bridge to control the lock, but it’s not as fast or reliable as z-wave.

You need a bridge for my plugin, or to control the lock remotely. You may be able to get away with using Honkekit to control remotely if you have a HomeKit Hub always on. But I haven’t tried. I think the bridge is worth it.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 am
mrmatt68 offline

Ok. so basically i would either add to homebridge then homekit or homekit directly if i have the hub?

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:06 pm
vtmikel offline

The Pro is HomeKit enabled directly so you do not need to add it to HomeBridge.

It appears that the non-Pro model is not HomeKit, so Indigo can "HomeKit enable" it through HomeBridge and my plugin (as long as you also have a Bridge). I just tested this and it works.

Feel free to post more questions if you have them.

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:42 pm
mrmatt68 offline

The Pro is HomeKit enabled directly so you do not need to add it to HomeBridge.

that is what i was thinking but still unclear if i need the hub with the pro model......I am thinking i could add the pro model(without hub) to homekit via the homebridge plugin. I just hate having all these hubs for every device. I mean indigo is running all the time so what advantage does the august hub provide that your plugin and homekit doesn't? Sorry if i am confused. I just want to make sure i have siri functionality while maintaining reliability and if i can do that without an august hub then that is what i would choose.

Amazon seems to sell the pro with or without the hub.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted on
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:06 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Is there a set of instructions for adding August Pro 3rd Gen to indigo?

Posted on
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:40 pm
vtmikel offline

Nothing to point you to. I would suggest first adding the lock to Indigo as a direct Z-wave device. Then install my plugin, link to your August account, and then link your Cloud Door lock (through the plugin) to the Z-wave lock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:07 pm
ryanbuckner offline

vtmikel wrote:
Nothing to point you to. I would suggest first adding the lock to Indigo as a direct Z-wave device. Then install my plugin, link to your August account, and then link your Cloud Door lock (through the plugin) to the Z-wave lock.

Thanks This will be my first Z-wave device. Do I need a hub or stick?

Posted on
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:22 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'd recommend reading through the Managing Your Z-Wave Network in the docs - it will explain the basics.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:35 pm
ryanbuckner offline

vtmikel wrote:

I haven't installed the zwave hub yet . Reading through the plugin documentation, my 3rd Gen August Lock Pro + Connect should be supported. I was able to successfully log into my August account through the plugin but no devices show up in the drop down. Is there troubleshooting I should be doing or is the Z-Wave hub an absolute requirement?

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:52 pm
ryanbuckner offline

vtmikel wrote:

Today I was able to add my August Pro lock to Indigo without a ZWave hub. It took a few days, but my device showed up in the list of account locks.

Posted on
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:09 am
ryanbuckner offline

I started getting this error every 10-15 minutes:

Code: Select all
Feb 4, 2021 at 7:56:29 AM
   August Home Error               Response HTTP Status Code: 429
   August Home Error               Response HTTP Response Body: <html>
<head><title>429 Too Many Requests</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>429 Too Many Requests</h1></center>
<hr><center>openresty/1.15.8.3</center>
</body>
</html>

Posted on
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:18 pm
vtmikel offline

It ha been a while since I hit the rate limits. Try reducing the polling interval. It should go away. Are you using a August plugin for any other HA system that could be counting against your rate limit?

Posted on
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:29 pm
ryanbuckner offline

vtmikel wrote:
It ha been a while since I hit the rate limits. Try reducing the polling interval. It should go away. Are you using a August plugin for any other HA system that could be counting against your rate limit?

Actually it started when I was experimenting with SmartThings and added the August Lock. But I deleted the ST App. Does it keep polling after I delete it?

Code: Select all
<body>
</body>
</html>

Feb 4, 2021 at 5:20:10 PM
   August Home                     Had errors while refreshing status from August, will try again in 10 seconds

Feb 4, 2021 at 5:23:11 PM
   August Home                     Had errors while refreshing status from August, will try again in 10 seconds

Feb 4, 2021 at 5:26:54 PM
<body>
</body>
</html>

Posted on
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:32 pm
vtmikel offline

I do not have SmartThings but if you disabled or deleted the app it should stop polling. This is likely the reason why the polling requests hit the limits. I’d guess you’ll be fine tomorrow. Disable the plugin in Indigo or increase the polling limit to speed up the process of resetting the limit.