August Pro now supported

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:03 am
mrmatt68 offline

Re: August Pro now supported

Im trying to understand which version of the lock i need or want. Do i need the bridge for this to work? If i get the pro without the bridge will i be able to add to homekit via the homebrige? I like the idea of the pro without a bridge but want it to work with homekit via homebridge....is that configuration possible or do i need the bridge?

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:31 am
vtmikel offline

Hi-

You need the Pro to control via Z-wave. It increases speed and reliability working from Indigo. My plugin can serve non pro users by using the cloud / bridge to control the lock, but it’s not as fast or reliable as z-wave.

You need a bridge for my plugin, or to control the lock remotely. You may be able to get away with using Honkekit to control remotely if you have a HomeKit Hub always on. But I haven’t tried. I think the bridge is worth it.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 am
mrmatt68 offline

Ok. so basically i would either add to homebridge then homekit or homekit directly if i have the hub?

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:06 pm
vtmikel offline

The Pro is HomeKit enabled directly so you do not need to add it to HomeBridge.

It appears that the non-Pro model is not HomeKit, so Indigo can "HomeKit enable" it through HomeBridge and my plugin (as long as you also have a Bridge). I just tested this and it works.

Feel free to post more questions if you have them.

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:42 pm
mrmatt68 offline

The Pro is HomeKit enabled directly so you do not need to add it to HomeBridge.

that is what i was thinking but still unclear if i need the hub with the pro model......I am thinking i could add the pro model(without hub) to homekit via the homebridge plugin. I just hate having all these hubs for every device. I mean indigo is running all the time so what advantage does the august hub provide that your plugin and homekit doesn't? Sorry if i am confused. I just want to make sure i have siri functionality while maintaining reliability and if i can do that without an august hub then that is what i would choose.

Amazon seems to sell the pro with or without the hub.

Thanks,

Matt