Rachio Plug In Graphic

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:08 am
norcoscia offline

Rachio Plug In Graphic

I was messing with a new 3D program and decided to practice making a plug In logo for Jay's cool Rachio plug in. I have this set up so it only takes seconds to change to a different logo so if anyone wants one for a different plug in just let em know - happy to make some since I need the practice in the new program...

With background so you can see it and then the .png file w/o background for use....

PS. Jay if you want any changes just let me know or if you don't like it sorry to bug you :-)
Attachments
RachioWBackground.png
RachioWBackground.png (435.53 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
RachioPlugIn.png
RachioPlugIn.png (121.64 KiB) Viewed 1972 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:26 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Rachio Plug In Graphic

I do like it.

I'm not a fan of the concept in general however (which is not a criticism of your attempt which is great). When I look at the plugin store, one of fastest ways to identify something you want is by identifying the icon, particularly when you're looking for a particular brand. This morning I had just this scenario: I was looking for the Hue Lights plugin and didn't easily find it. I think it's because the logo is sorta buried in the rest of the graphic and distorted. Also, the Indigo logo is so dark it tends to be the first thing that draws attention. Yes, there are better ways of finding plugins (and we've got some more things we want to do to improve that), but I still hold to the idea that many people will want to just browse and seeing a familiar logo is a much more natural recognition process than reading through lists of names.

Again, no reflection on your effort, it looks great.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:47 am
norcoscia offline

No worries - I though that is was the standard logo plug in graphic you guys wanted to use and maybe some of the programers making plug ins did not use it or did not have time to make one.

I will find something else to practice on :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:21 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That's a cool icon, nice work!

I'm in the same court as Jay, I think the first time I saw someone use the Lego icon style and put their graphic on the side it was pretty cool, then everyone did it and it made it super tough to find something by icon so I had to search names. That's why all of my graphics are typically the logo (or slightly modified version of it) of the thing I'm supporting in the plugin.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:05 pm
norcoscia offline

Boy, I finally figured out something I can do - and then it is discontinued :mrgreen:

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1