Zones disabled in the Mac Client UI

Posted on
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:35 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Rachio Plugin

Did you delete the plugin preferences? I'd disable the plugin, delete the preferences file(s), then restart the plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:09 pm
gisplatin offline

Yes, I did do all that. I also shut stopped the indigo server and rebooted just for good measure.

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It's a max zone duration bug in the Indigo client. Shorten the max durations on those zones and you should be good to go.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm
gisplatin offline

Re: Zones disabled in the Mac Client UI

I also was able to fix my problem with grayed out and irregular naming or Rachio zones listed in the Indigo Client. I wanted to share my experience, in case anyone else has this problem:

1) The indigo client will not accept any comma in the zone name. Adding a comma will bring the next word in the zone name down to the next (unused, not active) zone. That's what was causing a single zone name (which included two commas) to span three separate zones in the indigo client. After I removed the commas, the name is displayed correctly, with the three dots at the very end of the name if it's too long for the interface.

2) After fidgeting with countless Advanced Settings in the zones in the Rachio app, I realized the Zone Type in Rachio was causing a problem. Anything I set to "Tree" in Rachio turns gray in the indigo client and is unstable there (but available in schedules). Any other Zone type is fine - regardless of total duration of the zone. Since I'm using Indigo exclusively to track irrigation gallons used, schedule irrigation times, etc, the Rachio Zone Type isn't important for me. So reclassifying my three tree zones as perennials was just fine.

So in the end, everything on both sides is now working PERFECTLY!

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:25 am
jheddings offline

Re: Zones disabled in the Mac Client UI

Just wanted to confirm that changing the Zone type to anything but "Trees" did the trick for me also... Thanks for posting!

Indigo: 7.2.0
Rachio Plugin: 1.1.3