Rachio Plugin (Locked)

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:43 am
gisplatin offline

Re: Rachio Plugin

Hi,
I'm running the latest plugin (1.1.1), and Indigo 7.1.1, but the API is still not communicating properly with the Rachio device I created in Indigo. The elevation error comes up, and it's unable to download forecast (even though location and a weather station are both set up in app.rachio.io). Rachio is currently handling my irrigation schedules successfully, but those Rachio schedules won't load to Indigo through the API.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all
Mar 12, 2018 at 8:32:42 AM
   Rachio Sprinklers Error         Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1179, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 549, in deviceStartComm
KeyError: ('elevation',)

Rachio Sprinklers Error         Error getting forecast data from Rachio via API.

Mar 12, 2018 at 8:38:49 AM
   Rachio Sprinklers Error         Error getting forecast data from Rachio via API.

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:47 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Mine is still functioning without an error. It's refreshing to know that I'm not the only one that can into a nightmare plugin issue though. I feel for Jay!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 am
gisplatin offline

Me too!

I was careful to wipe all the old plugin data from my machine, deleted the old device, stopped the indigo server, rebooted, and then started from scratch.

Plugin loads and enables itself fine, but during device creation the elevation error comes up, then the "Error getting forecast data" every 3 minutes when Indigo uses the Rachio API .

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

gisplatin wrote:
Hi,
I'm running the latest plugin (1.1.1), and Indigo 7.1.1, but the API is still not communicating properly with the Rachio device I created in Indigo. The elevation error comes up, and it's unable to download forecast (even though location and a weather station are both set up in app.rachio.io). Rachio is currently handling my irrigation schedules successfully, but those Rachio schedules won't load to Indigo through the API.

Any ideas?

Mar 12, 2018 at 8:32:42 AM

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1179, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 549, in deviceStartComm
KeyError: ('elevation',)

Mar 12, 2018 at 8:38:49 AM

Doh - found another place where the missing fields were referenced. I've pushed 1.1.2 to the store which should fix that issue.

I'm not sure why you're still getting the forecast data error - install this new plugin and let it run to see if you're still getting that error.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 am
gisplatin offline

Will do ... And thank you!

I'll report back shortly

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:29 pm
gisplatin offline

Still no dice - but a different error message this time ...

Rachio Sprinklers               No plugin updates available.

File "plugin.py", line 554, in deviceStartComm
KeyError: ('paused',)

After that, the standard, every 3 minute "error getting forecast" message. Even though I have a weather station selected and my address uploaded at app.rachio.io

Thank you for the assist!

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:39 pm
gisplatin offline

One thing to add, that I just noticed. I stopped the indigo server, then quit the app and restarted my computer.

When Indigo started up, in the startup sequence in event log, this error appeared:

Rachio Sprinklers Error         exception in deviceStartComm(Irrigation Controller): 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'unused_devices'

The device was created successfully, but of course can't connect through the API. So none of the schedules I set up on the rachio website are available to me in Schedules in Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:38 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ah, that's interesting. Looking at it now.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Somehow, you have a rachio device that you never finished configuring, but somehow has gotten enabled. That's supposed to be impossible via the UI, so I'm not sure how it happened. Delete all rachio devices and start over and I think that error will go away.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm
gisplatin offline

Still no dice:

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:04:46 PM

I deleted the only Rachio device I had in Indigo. But I did NOT delete the plugin and remove all it's system stuff (plist, files, etc) and reinstall.

Also possibly of note, upon startup, right after the database loads, I get this error. Maybe this could have something to do with it?

Error                           XML Parse Error: not well-formed (invalid token)
   Error                           On character 77 of line number 21.
   Error                           XML Parse Error: not well-formed (invalid token)

If need be, I could upload my database to dropbox and send you a link, if that needed for troubleshooting ...

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:10 pm
gisplatin offline

this separate error appeared too ...

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:37 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Email me your DB (support@indigodomo.com) and refer to this thread. The error about paused can't actually happen in normal processing so I'm totally at a loss.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:01 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Fun fun fun: more surprise and undocumented Rachio API changes. I guess I'm going to just have to assume that any value from the API may disappear randomly at any given time. I'll get an update done soon with that change.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:50 pm
gisplatin offline

Uggh ... One would think they'd have a little more regard for their software partners, who are bringing them more business than they otherwise would have had.
For example, me. I wouldn't have bothered with Rachio were it not for the ability to integrate it into Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:27 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm running 1.1.3 overnight to make sure it's good before I mark it as a final and push to the store. You can get it from the releases section on Github if you want to try it.

Jay (Indigo Support)