Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Posted on
Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:51 am
jens offline
Posts: 265
Joined: May 03, 2015
Location: Sweden

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Works god,

win 10 and 7

//Jens

Posted on
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:00 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 1138
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

jens wrote:
Works good,

win 10 and 7

//Jens


Thanks
I have tested on
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server2012, Windows Server2008r2,

All good, soon for pluginstore I think.

G

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:52 am
CliveS offline
Posts: 652
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
Location: Medomsley, County Durham, UK

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

GlennNZ wrote:
jens wrote:
Works good,

win 10 and 7

//Jens


Thanks
I have tested on
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server2012, Windows Server2008r2,

All good, soon for pluginstore I think.

G

And I can confirm that the ‘Turn Off’ command now works depending on the config setting correctly.

CliveS

Indigo 2021.1.1 : macOS Big Sur 11.6.5 : MacBook Retina 2014 : 2 .6 GHz Dual Core i5. : 8 GB. : Samsung 970 1TB EVO SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:43 am
yassi offline
Posts: 459
Joined: Sep 06, 2015
Location: Germany

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Sorry guys if I am missing something, but where to get the Windows application???
In the .zip file is only the Indigo Plugin, according to the documentation there is also a Windows small program to install.
Where can I find it?

Yassi

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 am
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 1138
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

yassi wrote:
Sorry guys if I am missing something, but where to get the Windows application???
In the .zip file is only the Indigo Plugin, according to the documentation there is also a Windows small program to install.
Where can I find it?

Yassi


Might be pluginstore aspect - which only shows the indigo plugin I guess...

Check the github releases

https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... e/releases

Has both - setup.exe 64bit or 32bit as needed.

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:15 am
yassi offline
Posts: 459
Joined: Sep 06, 2015
Location: Germany

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Ok, got it, Glenn.
Thanks!

Yassi

Posted on
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:45 am
Rjay offline
Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 12, 2019

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

hey mate, awesome plugin!

Quick thought, with the "turn off" command I notice you can disable it but I was wondering if there was a way (or possible feature request) to make the off button within Indigo to be the sleep command rather than completely power off. Possibly this could be a selection in the config of the plugin or even better each created Windows device if you want it to truly send a shutdown or a sleep command when pressing off, or choosing the off action during Triggered actions.

Only reason I ask is I have a bunch of Win devices as Kodi and other boxes around the place and generally I have them sleep after X amount of time and then When my Logitech remote fires an action or my TV starts responding to pings I send a WOL packet waking up the box. By having the ability to sleep the devices it would make it able to put the Windows devices to sleep quicker when you say leave the house etc rather than waiting for them to time out and go to sleep.

Cheers

Posted on
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:18 am
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 1138
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Rjay wrote:
hey mate, awesome plugin!

Quick thought, with the "turn off" command I notice you can disable it but I was wondering if there was a way (or possible feature request) to make the off button within Indigo to be the sleep command rather than completely power off. Possibly this could be a selection in the config of the plugin or even better each created Windows device if you want it to truly send a shutdown or a sleep command when pressing off, or choosing the off action during Triggered actions.

Only reason I

Cheers


Thanks! Certainly can have a look into it.

I think you can do this with the run process command option currently.
Just find the cmd.exe command to sleep or hibernate and send that with the process command?

Like this one:

Image

Could use:
Code: Select all
shutdown /h

For Hibernate

or Sleep seems to be
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-sleep-w ... mand-line/



Glenn


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:28 am
Rjay offline
Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 12, 2019

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

thanks Glenn, for some reason didn't get an email that the thread update so only just saw this reply :) cool can use the run process method for the moment :)

have another possible request. On my Windows endpoints when they wake from sleep the plugin tries to kick in straight away before the network has even come up and so it fails and then trys again after a minute or so and it works.

Just wondering if there is anyway to make it delay hunting for a connection for an amount of time on startup/wake just so you don't see an error about the connection :)

thanks

Posted on
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:12 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 1138
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Rjay wrote:
thanks Glenn, for some reason didn't get an email that the thread update so only just saw this reply :) cool can use the run process method for the moment :)

have another possible request. On my Windows endpoints when they wake from sleep the plugin tries to kick in straight away before the network has even come up and so it fails and then trys again after a minute or so and it works.

Just wondering if there is anyway to make it delay hunting for a connection for an amount of time on startup/wake just so you don't see an error about the connection :)

thanks


No problem, let me know if run process not clear.

Re: other request
Pretty sure version 0.9 fixes that? At least for startup network delays...
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... e/releases

Was having same problem when moved network to STP from RSTP for Sonos compatibility - this version Quietly checks for network without notification... or at least does on my system!

Haven’t specifically tested it with sleep/wake though, more startup delay, so may need to check that when back in a couple of weeks if still having issues/already running.


Glenn


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:42 pm
Rjay offline
Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 12, 2019

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Ok so took a look and yep am already running Version 0.9 but that description in the release notes pretty much exactly describes what I am seeing. I think what your saying is correct something about it waking from sleep behaviour is different to the startup behaviour and so it still initial displays that Indigo Plugin is disconnected and then above 10-20 seconds later it Displays the connected box.

I think with sleep because it's pretty much just resuming back to where it was and the plugin would have been connected and active so when it comes back to life before the network connection is active it wigs out. I assume that for most systems on startup by the time Windows finishes logging in and then kicks off any startup items such as the Indigo plugin network is usually going to be active, although with fast SSD's these days it all happens pretty quickly :)

thanks for your help!

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 1138
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Rjay wrote:
Ok so took a look and yep am already running Version 0.9 but that description in the release notes pretty much exactly describes what I am seeing. I think what your saying is correct something about it waking from sleep behaviour is different to the startup behaviour and so it still initial displays that Indigo Plugin is disconnected and then above 10-20 seconds later it Displays the connected box.
I think with sleep because it's pretty much just resuming back to where it was and the plugin would have been connected and active so when it comes back to life before the network connection is active it wigs out. I assume that for most systems on startup by the time Windows finishes logging in and then kicks off any startup items such as the Indigo plugin network is usually going to be active, although with fast SSD's these days it all happens pretty quickly :)
thanks for your help!


Ok, back.
Hmm double check and possibility even reinstall the PC component? - because I am running version 0.9 and don't get the same behaviour.

Kill network - just sits there, then sleep and resume - likewise no notifications... as this new version should do.

I suppose there are different levels of sleep and maybe that's a difference? - but I would 'upgrade' anyway and potentially might need to puzzle over debug log to see what the difference is on your system.

Thanks

G


Glenn

Posted on
Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 am
Rjay offline
Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 12, 2019

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

I have multiple endpoints and they all do it. They are on ethernet over power for network (unfortunately they are in a rental so is the only option at the moment), so not sure if this makes them a little slower to recognise their is network connectivity and that is causing the issue?

thanks

Posted on
Tue May 07, 2019 1:54 am
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 1138
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Rjay wrote:
I have multiple endpoints and they all do it. They are on ethernet over power for network (unfortunately they are in a rental so is the only option at the moment), so not sure if this makes them a little slower to recognise their is network connectivity and that is causing the issue?
thanks


Hi,
Not sure I completely follow - what do you mean by ‘multiple endpoints’ and I presume you mean Power over Ethernet? - for Windows Pc’s?

Glenn



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue May 07, 2019 5:13 am
Rjay offline
Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 12, 2019

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

To clarify;

Multiple Windows devices in various locations around the house
Nope, mean ethernet over power e.g.https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-network ... 9020p-kit/

:)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest