Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Posted on
Tue May 07, 2019 5:34 am
GlennNZ offline

Re: Windows PC Indigo Plugin, Beta released

Rjay wrote:
To clarify;

Multiple Windows devices in various locations around the house
Nope, mean ethernet over power e.g.https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-network ... 9020p-kit/

:)

A ha! I have in fact bought the same model not long ago - unfortunately not for me and miles/miles away.

Okay then, still a bit strange as time to up shouldn’t matter. Double check and install latest (may have made some last minute changes without increasing version number...) and if possible a debug log from before sleep to after would be enough to fix.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2019 12:45 am
Rjay offline

yeh I would rather not have to use them but cabling is not an option in our current rental so these are doing the job for now apart from the occasional glitch.

No problems have now reinstalled over the top of the install on each Windows endpoint last night with the latest download from the other forum post so I will give it a test of the coming days and see what I notice.

Posted on
Sun May 19, 2019 12:21 am
Rjay offline

Reinstalled but still seeing the not connected then connected a bit later.

Any troubleshooting I should try from here?

thanks

Posted on
Sun May 19, 2019 12:22 am
GlennNZ offline

Rjay wrote:
Reinstalled but still seeing the not connected then connected a bit later.

Any troubleshooting I should try from here?

thanks

Thanks, just PM me the full debug log including the wake up bit. Should be able to sort it out from that. (mainly because I’m not seeing the same issue)

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun May 19, 2019 1:27 am
Rjay offline

Easy will get it to you in the next couple of days

Posted on
Fri May 24, 2019 7:22 pm
GlennNZ offline

New Version 0.9.15

Updates both Mac Plugin version (version 0.9) from Pluginstore and the PC version (0.15)

Changes:
Removes most of tooltip PC popups in event of no network/slow connection
Few other minor changes
Remove update stuff given Indigo 7.3

In PluginStore. (Had some issues with the Plugin store using the attached release zip for download - basically it wouldn't)
PC Version here:
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... e/releases

Thanks

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:38 am
durosity offline

Just found this plugin, quite interesting! I'm curious.. I'm guessing there's no way of having it unlock a PC is there?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:17 am
mundmc offline

Amazing Policano idea and I can't wait to experiment with it

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

mundmc wrote:
Policano

??? This one went above my head (apparently)... :lol:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:23 am
durosity offline

I'm also confused. But then that's pretty much my default state.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:16 pm
mundmc offline

mundmc wrote:
Amazing Policano idea and I can't wait to experiment with it
I've noticed Siri has been really zealously replacing names from my contact book in for words ist's having trouble understanding.

Apparently, it thought my last general contractor, "Policano," what is more appropriate for that bag of words than the actual word, "plug-in."

Still sloppy on my part

Posted on
Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:23 pm
durosity offline

mundmc wrote:
mundmc wrote:
Still sloppy on my part

We all have our off days.. or weeks.. or decades!

I’ve been playing with this plugin and it’s actually super handy!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:02 pm
whmoorejr offline

Don't know what I did wrong with the store version when I first started using this... I was getting very minimal data when connected. Uploaded the latest version from GitHub (0.10.15) and now I see what the fuss was about. Pretty cool plugin (or "Policano" if that's what you kids are calling it these days :P )

I leave the Blue Iris GUI running all the time.... but sometimes it disconnects. (Service 2 something something) Blue iris is still running as a service, so it's not creating a security gap.... just a delay when I switch on the monitor when I get into my office and have to close out the frozen BI screen and re-load it. I'm hoping that the plugin with catch that the foreground app has changed so I can trigger an action to remotely re-launch the program.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:19 pm
GlennNZ offline

whmoorejr wrote:
Don't know what I did wrong with the store version when I first started using this... I was getting very minimal data when connected. Uploaded the latest version from GitHub (0.10.15) and now I see what the fuss was about. Pretty cool plugin (or "Policano" if that's what you kids are calling it these days :P )

I leave the Blue Iris GUI running all the time.... but sometimes it disconnects. (Service 2 something something) Blue iris is still running as a service, so it's not creating a security gap.... just a delay when I switch on the monitor when I get into my office and have to close out the frozen BI screen and re-load it. I'm hoping that the plugin with catch that the foreground app has changed so I can trigger an action to remotely re-launch the program.

Glad to hear that all is going well (... now - that is! :D )

I have it running for years now, on various Windows machines.

Regarding BI GUI - if you are referring to the proper BI interface then this uses quite a bit of CPU and/or GPU for displaying all the cameras. Other option may be the UI3 in a web-browser? which will disconnect and has a quite connect button.

To be honest the Windows PC plugin could probably open the UI in a web-browser on command as needed.

GLenn

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:44 am
whmoorejr offline

GlennNZ wrote:
To be honest the Windows PC plugin could probably open the UI in a web-browser on command as needed. GLenn

Update 8/24: Yep. You can pass a web URL to the browser. Tested / Verified. For my installation, this was my action setup...
Process to Run: c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe
Arguments: http://localhost:Port/ui3.htm?t=live&group=Fav5
I'll have to tinker some more.... as above, it opens in a new tab... but that is the same URL that's used when the screen times out. There is a hot key for full screen... so I can probably tack that on there. Side note.... takes about 40 seconds for it to happen.... not sure what it's thinking about during that time.

Nice! I'm looking forward to exploring the capabilities of this plugin. My BlueIris box is my only PC. Everything else is either Mac, Linux, Rasberry or Chrome. Thanks again for creating this plugin. (and the Blue Iris Plugin.... that was the deciding factor that switched me from an Amcrest only ecosystem to the flexibility of BlueIris.)

Bill
My Plugin: My People