Requirement

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:10 am
Bildhauer offline

Requirement

Hello,

I would like to have a python script that adds power consumption of a device which is not connected to Indigo. It should start if the real, power consumption of another devices (which is connected to Indigo via ZWave) exceeds a specific value. Has anyone a solution for it?

Best regards

Bildhauer

Posted on
Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:49 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Requirement

Can you elaborate on what you mean by both adds power consumption of a device and not connected to Indigo?

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:31 pm
Bildhauer offline

Hello.

thanks for your question: Turning on my TV my B&= equipment will be switched on and it's sold boxes. I've only one wave power plug which is measuring the power even the TV is witched on or not. Knowing that switching on the TV will increase the amount of power used by TV I would like to add there amount of power used by the B&O eqipment (I took out of a data sheet). Any idea to do this?

Best regards

Stephan O.

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:13 pm
FlyingDiver offline

You're not going to be able to add the power from the other devices to the TV's power as recorded by the smart plug. Best you can do it use a variable to maintain that and add the Zwave measured power to the calculated power for the other equipment.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1